Sr. Accessibility AnalystApply Now Job ID: R0000063968 schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right along with Target’s distinctive retail brand, we are constantly improving and innovating our digital shopping experience. Are you ready to excel in the fast-changing retail environment? Are you a customer service enthusiast who’s curious about the guest and can see the shopping journey through their eyes? Then you’ll have success on the Digital Strategy & Platform team, whose goal is to offer guests a seamless online shopping experience across our platforms—including Target.com and the store network’s fulfillment capabilities. Here, you’ll collaborate to create and implement the digital strategies that enrich the online experience through the right mix of personalization, simplicity and intuitiveness. Your ideas will support Target in complementing the beloved in-store shopping interaction with a convenient, reliable and instantly gratifying digital experience.
Join a world-class Accessibility team responsible for connecting the guest to the product irrespective of their disability. Here, we pride ourselves on designing tangible, inspiring and impactful solutions that serve our guests, team members and business. And we make sure that all of Target's Digital experiences, both in-store and online, are fully accessible to people with disabilities.
As a Senior Accessibility Analyst, you have to review and certify web pages (desktop/mobile) for accessibility. Should be capable of testing, finding the defects, explain why things aren’t working and should also provide solution. Organize requirements and collaborate with developers to ensure that WCAG & Target guidelines are followed and requirements are met. It should include keyboard, screen reader and should scale from desktop to all any screen size mobiles. You should also be able to identify the cause of the issues by understanding the application.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrated understanding of accessibility user testing using assistive technologies.
- Should be able to work in multiple screen readers like JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, TalkBack, etc.,
- Should be able to work with Keyboard only testing, Zoom testing and high contrast modes
- Suggesting probable and practical alternative design for UI elements to enhance their accessibility with respect to the assistive technologies.
- Partnering with cross functional teams to understand the scope and provide feedback wherever required
- Creative knowledge is required to validate and give feedback in UX and design phase
- Creating Accessibility Status Documents (ASDs) for a particular release of each product tested.
- Performing accessibility checks with automated tools and verifying the results manually.
- Checking accessibility properties of each and every UI element by reviewing the code if available or using other tools, e.g. Inspect Objects
- Support Product Designers, Product Managers and Engineering for a broad set of digital and in-store experiences.
Reports to Sr.Manager, Accessibility
- Minimum 6 – 8 years of experience with at least 6 years of experience in Accessibility field
- Technical expertise in assistive technologies
- Ability to understand the code and work with developers in finding solutions
- Presenting demo sessions to the developers and product managers on Accessibility on a regular basis.
- Having WAS or CPACC is an added advantage.
- Good with both written, oral communication and analytical skills
- Knowledge on upcoming assistive techniques
- Knowledge ARIA and NVDA/JAWS/VoiceOver/ZoomText/DNS (Dragon Naturally Speaking)/Windows Eyes- Key Board only accessibility- Mobile accessibility
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture