Sr AI ScientistApply Now Job ID: R0000108587 job family: Artificial Intelligence schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
As a Senior A.I. Scientist on the Pricing and Demand Forecasting team with Target AI in Bangalore you’ll develop artificial intelligence models and algorithms for our retail business. You will work closely with partner team data scientists and Merch business partners to continuously learn more about our business and particularly develop an understanding of the various processes we have in play. You will partner with engineers and applied scientists on partner teams to build solutions for our business needs including development, deployment, and maintenance of algorithms and models at scale!
Our team oversees the creation and development of the Demand Forecasting quantitative platform, building the key components which allow us to evaluate the demand and prices of our products and proprietary ‘new ventures’ products. We aim to develop these tools to be more efficient and precise, whilst also making them directly available to our business team users, hence allowing us to quickly respond to our Guest’s needs in store and online.
- Work hands on and actively partner across the team – defining business problem, data discovery to insights/predictions
- Understand the business problem, identify the key challenges, formalize the problem algorithmically, and prototype solutions
- Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics.
- Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods
- Develop scalable and reproducible analytical models for answering variety of business problems in Pricing & Markdown Optimization
- Build self-service tools for error detection, diagnosis and predictive metrics.
- Work on developing optimization/statistical models within the Price Optimization space
- Ability to test and analyze the prototype results on Target data, actively engage with business partners to identify improvement needs and implement enhancements based on statistical analysis and business logic
- Generate analyses, annotated code, and other projects artefacts to document, archive, and communicate work and outcomes.
- Master’s degree in Quantitative disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or equivalent experience from a reputed institute
- Experience 5+ years of relevant experience
- Good Knowledge and experience developing optimization, simulation and statistical models,
- Strong analytical thinking skills. Ability to creatively solve business problems, innovating new approaches where required.
- Background in Pricing will be preferable but not mandatory
- Strong hands on programming skills in Python, SQL, Hadoop/Hive. Additional knowledge of Spark, Scala, R, Java desired but not mandatory
- Good working Knowledge of Mathematical and statistical concepts, MILP, algorithms and computational complexity
- Passion for solving interesting and relevant real-world problems using Data science approach
- Experience in implementing advanced statistical techniques like regression, clustering, PCA, forecasting (time series) etc.
- Able to produce reasonable documents/narrative suggesting actionable insights
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-driven and results oriented. Willing to stretch to meet tight timelines.
- Strong team player with ability to collaborate effectively across geographies/ time zones
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture