Sr Analyst Promotions InsightApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000283503
job family: Pricing & Promotions
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best - the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members' futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Target Merchandising is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how this $106 billion retailer offers the innovative, guest-inspiring items that Target is known and loved for.
The Promotion Sr. Insight Analyst’s core responsibility is to generate reporting, analytics and insights to support and drive the end to end Promotion Planning process for each promotion and each category. Analysts own the hind sighting fact pact creation for teams to leverage while planning a quarter/year/season roadmap as well as the creation of the category and promotion-level forecasts for use in financial planning, operational/inventory planning and in-season management. Sr. Analysts will own both the operation/creation of the content as well as the quality of the content. They will advance the promotion planning function for Target by building effective and efficient processes that are both scalable across pyramids but can also fit within the unique needs of the businesses themselves and will help facilitate future technology advancements for continuous improvement.
Sr. Analysts will be expected to run our larger and more complex businesses often requiring unique analyses, tools and processes. As leaders among their peers, they will also be thought leaders in advancing the capability creation, mentoring and onboarding more junior team members.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the single point of contact for promo insights and financials supporting an assigned business (online & stores) and gain expertise on end to end pyramid and strategy context. This includes regular audits and research of promotions at Target and competitors, reviewing outliers in competitive price changes, and new item setups.
- Own creation of a fact base on historical promo performance and financial & competitive positioning
- Create/modify recapping tools and reports to support weekly Promotion results and insight generation routines
- Own financial forecasting for the assigned businesses at both the category/weekly level as well as the individual promotion level for use in quarterly budgeting/road mapping and Enterprise Forecast process
- Pair rigorous data analysis with built category context on overall competitiveness and effectiveness insights
- Drive, lead and deliver new tasks and innovation projects flawlessly with 100% accuracy and timeliness
- Solve defined problems of high complexity and streamline/redefine processes using structured techniques or automation
- Drive stakeholder and organizational awareness to performance metrics by creating and publishing dashboards, performing deep dive analyses to provide insight into effectiveness of pricing strategies and operations.
- Collaborate and build relationships with US-based Promo Planning teams to deliver overall category, competitiveness and performance goals
- Effectively manage best practice and team governance for your business/process and provide strategic solutions to key areas across the Promotions team. Create and maintain knowledge documentations, follow operational hygiene (Project management practices, quality assurance & time tracker)
- Develop and maintains working relationships with engineering teams, product owners, support teams, signing teams and all other teams related to pricing operations, to cohesively work towards achieving the business mission and goals
- Act as a mentor and thought partner for Analysts to ensure their success
- Manage special projects and captainships designed to deliver critical priorities for Target or advance the total team’s performance.
- Effectively onboard, train and mentor new hires
- Reports to Sr. Manager Promotion Insights
- Key business consultant to enterprise Price & Promotions COE, Business Unit Roundtable (Merchants, Planners, Inventory teams), Promotion Marketing, Site Merchandising, Product, Data Analytics and other support areas.
- MBA-Retail/Operations management with 2-4 years of experience
Graduate – Business/Commerce/Economics/Science/BE/B Tech with 7-8 years of experience
- Prior retail/e-commerce experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel and basic SQL
- Analytical, self-starter, curious and thrives on learning new capabilities
- Excellent communicator – ability to present to large groups of people, manage cross functional projects and strong organization skills
- Project management expertise
- Basic knowledge in financial analytics methodologies and concepts
- Six sigma expertise (knowledge of tool and lean principles application)
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture