Sr Art Director designApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000210485
job family: Graphic Design
schedule: Full time
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers. Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel, and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Target Creative’s Brand Design Lab is the in-house creative team dedicated to bringing one of the world’s most beloved and recognizable owned brands to life. Our mission is to inspire a sense of joy, wonder and excitement, and to take our guests—and ourselves—somewhere new. We tell a compelling and cohesive brand story. Some of the brands we have built are Good & Gather, Favorite Day, Ever Spring, Hearth & Hand, Cat & Jack, Goodfellow & Co. Operating as one fully integrated team in both the U.S. and India, the team comprises the best and brightest talent to execute market-leading creative strategy, packaging design & brand building. We are proud to say that we have not just one or two, but eleven brands with sales above a billion dollars each. Our owned brands have grown by 18% YOY and contributed to USD 30 billion in sales last year.
About this Opportunity
As a Senior Art Director, you will design world-class creative for Target’s owned brands portfolio, create Brand Identities and bring Packaging Designs to life, across multiple categories while working collaboratively with your team and leaders. You will be a motivated designer and strategic systems thinker who can operate in ambiguity on multiple projects. You will need to demonstrate excellent graphic design and typography skills with photo art direction experience and expert knowledge of design tools. You will oversee and execute various projects by designing and also check the print production details. You will be responsible for making timely decisions for fast-paced projects to meet deadlines. You will create presentations and present to Leadership and Marketing teams. Critical to the role is staying current with the latest style, graphic, industry, and technology trends and demonstrate application to projects. Creatively—you’ll create work that celebrates, resonates, and helps build and maintain meaningful connections with our guest. You’ll represent Target’s brand (voice and culture) to infuse the work with an unmistakable Target approach, seamlessly integrating a multicultural lens. You understand cultural trends and think strategically about how to show up for different audiences.
If you’re passionate about design and eager to learn more, we’d like to meet you. We will support you along the way with onboarding, as well as personal and career development, to help you grow as a strong Senior Art Director.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Having a developed sense of design, a strong understanding of Brand Building, Packaging Design, and Design systems. Being meticulous and have an excellent eye for detail and brand consistency. Understanding /awareness of the global culture. Keeps abreast of current design trends
- Collaborate with Design teams in Target HQ to understand business requirements and translate them into design solutions that serve the needs of our guests
- Be capable of leading an internal team toward optimal design solutions. Ability to contribute, mentor designers and work well within the team. Inspire & motivate the team to maintain and improve design standards
- Be able to lead projects along with copywriters, photographers, illustrators, art directors, and creative managers
- Excellent ability to communicate design thinking and effective presentation skills. Communicate design strategy to various audiences in a strategic manner
- Helps with project planning and organization. Organize and plan details for multiple projects and make timely and quick decisions to meet project deadlines
- The ability to see projects through from inception to production. Having strong printing & prepress knowledge
- Plan and conduct design research
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Capable of working within a fast-paced work environment and work on multiple projects at one time
- Highly motivated, self-driven, and able to work independently as well as follow creative direction
- Open to feedback with ability to take direction
- Interpersonally savvy with strong listening skills
- Action oriented with ability to prioritize and drive results
- Having a worldview & global exposure
Preferred Experience & Educational Profile
- Minimum 6+ years at a Design agency experience
- Design degree or equivalent
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture