Sr. Art directorApply Now Job ID: R0000087440 job family: Advertising & Promotion schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
Target is an iconic, beloved and well recognized brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands as a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
Brand Design Lab is the in-house creative team dedicated to bringing one of the world’s most beloved and recognizable owned brands to life. Our mission is to inspire a sense of joy, wonder and excitement, and to take our guests—and ourselves—somewhere new. We tell a compelling and cohesive brand story. Some of the brands we have built are Good & Gather, Everspring, Hearth & Hand, Cat & Jack, Goodfellow & Co. Operating as one fully integrated team in both the U.S. and India, the team comprises the best and brightest talent to execute market-leading creative strategy, design & Brand building.
About this Opportunity:
As a designer, you will conceptualize and create brand identities and bring packaging designs to life and support a variety of categories and brands. You will think conceptually and strategically while integrating the guest lens. In this role, you should be highly creative and have a sharp eye for details. You will concept and execute projects by designing, while overseeing production details. You will need to multi-task and collaborate seamlessly with the team & partners in Target HQ. Your goal will be to create impactful designs and cohesive experiences for our Target guests. Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with teams in Target HQ to understand business requirements and translate them into design solutions that serve the needs of our guests
- Excellent ability to communicate design thinking and effective presentation skills
- Excellent typography, color, and visual communication skills
- Organize and plan for multiple projects and make timely and quick decisions in order to meet project deadlines
- Continuously learn and stay current with latest tools, technology, style and graphic trends
- Photo art direction experience is a plus
- Sharp attention to detail and consistency
- Capable of working within a fast-paced work environment and work on multiple projects at one time
- Ability to contribute and work well within a team
- Highly motivated, self-driven, and able to work independently as well as follow creative direction
- Show passion, optimism and drive and be able to move forward in an ambiguous environment
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to take direction and be flexible and open to change
- Being agile to be able to adapt to the immediate business needs
- Minimum 4-6 years at a Design agency
- Design degree or equivalent
- Strong portfolio demonstrating breadth of design and art direction capabilities, particularly in branding & packaging design
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best – the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members’ futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education®.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture