Sr. Corporate Security Consultant – Threat Assessment TeamApply Now Job ID: R0000072001 schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
Sr. Corporate Security Consultant – Threat Assessment Team
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
As part of the Corporate Security Asia (CSA) team, lead CSA’s Threat Assessment Team Function. The role will develop and execute this function. May provide crisis leadership as part of the Headquarters Incident Leader on-call rotation. This position builds strong cross-functional partnerships across Asia by communicating goals and expectations to mitigate emerging risks to the company.
Works closely with Global Intelligence, Executive Services, Global Investigations, Corporate Command Center, Corporate Security Services, Corporate Security Solutions, Human Resources, Corporate Real Estate, Communications, Owned Brand Sourcing and Development, and other teams to ensure successful integration of strategic priorities and initiatives.
A role within CSA means maintaining the physical security of our team members and property at our various facilities and locations. Here, you may support Target’s crises operations, security risk management (SRM) and continuity planning that provides guidance and procedures in the event of emergencies such as catastrophic weather.
Leverages SRM to collect and convert raw information into finished solutions to maintain a safe workplace environment across Asia. Works with cross-functional partners to understand risk trends and provide relevant insights and recommendations to enable informed decisions that safeguard Target’s team members, business and reputation.
Job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in the Threat Assessment on-call rotation responsible for responding to reports of workplace violence.
- Utilizes analytical skills to assess, mitigate and monitor escalated threats of workplace violence.
- Leads workplace violence threat assessment conference calls with key partners.
- Works closely with cross-functional teams and develops strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to develop and execute projects that improve safety and security throughout the company.
- Establishes enterprise-wide training and awareness materials to support the program.
- Work closely with key partners to execute tactics regarding allegations of misconduct brought against those who would negatively impact Target’s reputation and business functions.
- Hold highly confidential and sensitive information in confidence.
- Obtain evidence (information, statements, and records) in various locations as needed.
- Capture evidence within a comprehensive report that is actionable.
- Communicate results effectively to enable business partners to make informed and responsible decisions for Target and its guests.
- Educate business units on risks that impact or have the potential to impact their organization.
- Reinforce integrity requirements with Target team members/business partners.
- Develop expertise in order to discern trends and warnings, and provide an accurate understanding of present and future threats.
- Monitor security issues and alert leaders to developments and the potential impact they may have on the business.
- Support a variety of Corporate Security projects to minimize risk to the organization.
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external partners regarding investigative matters.
- Develops and executes investigative training for team members as needed.
- Establish and monitor performance metrics to determine the effectiveness of the CSA workplace violence threat assessment function.
- Visit offices and factories to create strong relationships across borders.
- Actively participates in a culture of trust, accountability, open communication, team work, personal development, and recognition.
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Exemplify Target behaviors and values by managing individual and team development and performance to consistently meet standards and increase team knowledge, skills, inclusivity and engagement.
This position will report to the Sr. Manager CSA APAC Security. Will interact with Global Intelligence, Executive Services, Global Investigations, Corporate Command Center, Corporate Security Services, Corporate Security Solutions, Human Resources, Corporate Real Estate, Communications, Owned Brand Sourcing and Development, and various levels of Headquarters’ leadership and key external safety and security partners.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience within Physical Security, Corporate Security, Assets Protection, Human Resources, Employee Relations or Loss Prevention
- Ability to quickly establish rapport, credibility, and trust.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking skills, and problem solving skills.
- Strong conceptual skills.
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and accurately; intellectually curious.
- Ability to synthesize and clearly communicate highly complex findings to focus on the critical issues and actionable opportunities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel locally and internationally
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite programs, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Higher education or certifications.
- Additional training or knowledge of investigations, physical security, crisis management, and team leadership.
- Experience and interest in project management involving investigations, physical security, technology, and strategy.
- Knowledge of Target policies and procedures.
- Knowledge in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Office 360, and SharePoint).
- APAC Market knowledge
- Experience working for a multinational retailer
- Significant international business experience
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture