Sr. Data AnalystApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000210658
job family: Business Intelligence Reporting & Analytics
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Behind one of the world’s best loved brands is a uniquely capable and brilliant team of data analysts. The Target Data & Analytics team creates the tools and data products to sustainably educate and enable our business partners to make great data-based decisions at Target. As the Data Analytics team for Marketing we develop data analyses and insights that helps personalize the guest experience, from product recommendations to relevant ad content. We’re also the source of the data and analytics behind Target’s Internet of Things (iOT) applications, fraud detection, Supply Chain optimization and demand forecasting. We play a key role in identifying the test-and-measure or A/B test opportunities that continuously help Target improve the guest experience, whether they love to shop in stores or at Target.com.
As a Sr. Data Analyst - Circle, you will:
- Take the lead as you work with the Circle team to define a problem, find the requisite data and provide insights based on data analysis.
- You will develop context of Circle and behavior at Target and help track, monitor and understand Target Circle’s performance as a leading Loyalty program.
- You’ll understand and anticipate problems and move to solve them quickly.
- You’ll create and automate reporting and insights at scale that informs and influences business strategy decisions.
- You’ll democratize data and insights as you strive to deliver self-service tools to your partners and enable them to make better decisions quicker.
- You’ll provide thought partnership in how we measure a business area from the code that we use to collect data, all the way to the application of the insights that you derive from reports and analysis.
- With your strong communication skills, you will story-tell and educate business leaders by leveraging data, insights, testing and measurement plans.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four-year degree, degree in technical/analytics field or equivalent preferred
- 4+ years of experience working in Digital or Retail in analytics and reporting
- Expertise in multiple analytics tools such as: SQL, Excel, R, Hadoop/Hive, DOMO, spark, etc., or equivalent technologies with a strong desire and ability to learn new technologies and concepts
- Understanding and/or experience of technical and analytical approaches, predictive modeling, A/B and multivariate testing, and statistical principles
- Ability to handle, advocate and represent a variety of complex priorities, weighing the value to Target and the teams you support
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to speak to both business and technical teams, translate ideas between them, and engage in/facilitate healthy debate
- Comfort with ambiguity and open-ended problems
- Experience working in an Agile environment preferred
- Exposure to Guest Analysis will be a plus
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture