Sr Data AnalystApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000219019
job family: Business Intelligence Reporting & Analytics
schedule: Full time
Behind one of the world’s best loved brands, is a uniquely capable and brilliant team of analysts, scientists, product owners and engineers. The Operations Intelligence team at Global Supply chain and Logistics(GSCL) drives continuous innovation and growth through experimentation using data analysis as key, playing a key role in strategic initiatives and operational support at GSCL . The OI team plays a key role in identifying patterns, RCAs and measuring the top growth opportunities at any given time. We’re here to help Target’s world class supply chain from stores and digital both for domestic as well as imports.
A role with Target’s OI Data Analytics team is a chance to help develop our in-house strength for getting the maximum value from Target’s many data assets. We see data as a product, and as an opportunity to experiment, to refine our approach to new supply chain problems. This is how we bring to life what wasn’t possible yesterday, and generate new avenues of insights for Target’s supply chain business in the process. Together, we positively impact changes across various initiatives, processes and interdependencies that require exceptional data collection, pattern finding, modelling, measurement and analysis — ultimately leading to quicker and more meaningful decision-making at Target.
About this career:
- Role is about being passionate about data, analysis, metrics development, feature experimentation and its application to improve both business strategies, as well as support to GSCL operations team
- Develop, model and apply analytical best practices while upskilling and coaching others on new and emerging technologies to raise the bar for performance in analysis by sharing with others (clients, peers, etc.) well documented analytical solutions .
- Drive a continuous improvement mindset by seeking out new ways to solve problems through formal trainings, peer interactions and industry publications to continually improve technically, implement best practises and analytical acumen
- Be expert in specific business domain, self-directed and drive execution towards outcomes, understand business inter-dependencies, conduct detailed problem solving, remediate obstacles, use independent judgement and decision making to deliver as per product scope, provide inputs to establish product/ project timelines
- Participate in learning forums, or be a buddy to help increase awareness and adoption of current technical topics relevant for analytics competency e.g. Tools (R, Python); exploratory & descriptive techniques ( basic statistics and modelling)
- Champion participation in internal meetups, hackathons; presents in internal conferences, relevant to analytics competency
- Contribute the evaluation and design of relevant technical guidesand tools to hire great talent by partnering with talent acquisition
- Participate in Agile ceremonies to keep the team up-to-date on task progress, as needed
- Develop and analyse data reports/Dashboards/pipelines, do RCA and troubleshooting of issues that arise using exploratory and systemic techniques
- B.E/B.Tech (+6 years of relevant exp), M.Tech, M.Sc. , MCA (+7 years of relevant exp)
- Candidates with strong domain knowledge and relevant experience in Supply Chain / Retails analytics would be highly preferred
- Strong data understanding inference of patterns, root cause, statistical analysis, understanding forecasting/predictive modelling, , etc.
- Advanced SQL experience writing complex queries
- Hands on experience with analytics tools: Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Python, R, Domo and/or equivalent technologies
- Experience working with Product teams and business leaders to develop product roadmaps and feature development
- Able to support conclusions with analytical evidence using descriptive stats, inferential stats and data visualizations
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with ambiguous problem definitions, recognize dependencies and deliver impact solutions through logical problem solving and technical ideations
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to speak to both business and technical teams, and translate ideas between them
- Intellectually curious, high energy and a strong work ethic
- Comfort with ambiguity and open-ended problems in support of supply chain operations
Eligible team members will receive market competitive package including competitive pay, health, accidental and life insurance coverage, gratuity and provident fund, training and development and other perks and benefits. Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best - the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members' futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education®.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture