Sr Engineer-Data EngineeringApply Now Job ID: R0000089424 job family: Business Intelligence Engineering schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
Data Engineering in Data Sciences team designs and creates innovative solutions for a variety of applications, platforms and environments. Data Engineering not only gives Target a competitive advantage in the marketplace, but also enhances the guest experience through the smart use of technology in the retail industry
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
- Contributes to project success by providing technical leadership on assigned projects.
- Writes technical architecture and solutions
- Translates technical solutions based on client’s needs and feasibility.
- Stays current with technology and determines the impact of hardware and/or software upgrades on new and existing applications.
- Evaluates vendor products and prepares recommendations.
- Ensures high quality, adherence to standards and best practices, high performance, and scalable, repeatable processes and deliverables.
- Understands interrelationships and impacts of systems and applications upon the Target technical environment.
- Participates in project estimation.
- Provides project knowledge and expertise to the TTS organization.
- Identifies and escalates issues when needed
- Prioritizes workload and accomplishes assignments on time, ensuring deliverables are high quality.
- Prepares and conducts technical instruction and mentoring for team members and roll-out room staff.
- Completes all administration in a timely and quality manner.
- Four year college degree
- 4-9 years of experience in Big Data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Hands on Experience in Object Oriented or functional programming such as Scala or Java or Python
- Have experience with Data Pipeline and workflow management tools such as Oozie.
- Have experience working on Hive, PostgreSQL, HBase or related technology
- Knowledge of Messaging and Event Systems such as Kafka
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communications skills for technical audiences; able to explain technical solutions to technical teams
- Have experience working on devops model
- Good interpersonal, problem solving, reasoning and analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Self-starter with self initiative and direction
- Works well independently
- Works with confidential information
- Good numeric aptitude
- Good understanding of PC and general office productivity applications
- Understands the retail business, technology, and the application of technology to our business
- Solid SDLC knowledge and expertise
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture