Sr.Engineer Manager - Big Data PlatformApply Now Job ID: R0000082554 job family: Technology Engineering schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
Join us as a Senior Engineering Manager – Big Data platform
About This Opportunity
Target’s Big Data team is looking for experienced, passionate and talented engineers to innovate in the rapidly growing area of big data and integrate the latest in big data technology into a massively scaled distributed environment. The platform is massively scaled on open source upstream big data components (Hadoop, druid, elastic, spark, etc), is over 1000+ nodes cluster and manages 10’s of petabytes of data.
About the Role
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will lead an engineering team in an agile environment building solutions. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Senior Engineering Manager, you’ll take the lead as you…
- Manage core data infrastructure and pipelines using technologies and tools tailored for massive data sets
- responsible for designing & delivering software enhancements and/or new products used in distributed, large scale analytics solutions
- Manage in the decision-making process related to the selection of technology framework, architecture and end-end stack for building machine & deep learning based vision apps.
- Partner with various in-house teams and vendors in designing and productizing algorithms and ML models across different type of infrastructure (datacenter, edge, far edge compute infrastructure)
- You’ll have a strong focus on team management and development, collaborate with partner teams, coach engineers to move through roadmaps and follow engineering best practices.
- You will drive product development and operations with engineers and drive technical decision making, adhering to Target platform architecture and other enterprise decisions.
- You will be responsible for defining the OKRs with the product mgmt. team, and be accountable for delivery.
- You will monitor metrics – both business and system metrics to ensure product health and value delivered.
- Curious to learn from the industry, follow emerging trends from established enterprises and startup ecosystem and continuously innovate and drive POCs/ POTs.
- Focus on scale and performance with the need to optimize and execute for realtime needs.
- Establish good stakeholder communication and work closely with Product teams and influence set product roadmap and help drive requirements while being a strong advocate of extreme agile and DevOps practices across engineers.
- Build and manage a team of high performing engineers and provide leadership, coaching, motivation and recommend staffing levels, operating procedures, tools and systems for the team.
- Provide career development and performance management to a team of engineers.
- Provide strong leadership and communication skills and use broad technical knowledge that draws upon diverse experiences.
- 4-year degree in or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of engineering experience
- 1+ years of managing teams with a strong track record of delivery for cross-functional product experience
- Proficient in one or more of Python, C++, Java, Scala or equivalent programing languages.
- Experience in streaming tech including storm, spark, kafka, etc.
- Experience in big data tech including Hadoop, hive, hdfs and related tooling & data related technologies and open source frameworks
- Familiar with software development practices/pipelines (DevOps - kubernetes, docker containers, CI/CD tools).
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture