Sr Engineer - Target India-3Apply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000212656
job family: Product Engineering
schedule: Full time
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As a Senior Engineer, you serve as a specialist in the engineering team that supports the product. You help develop and gain insight in the application architecture. You can distill an abstract architecture into concrete design and influence the implementation. You show expertize in applying the appropriate software engineering patterns to build robust and scalable systems. You are an expert in programming and apply your skills in developing the product. You have the skills to design and implement the architecture on your own, but choose to influence your fellow engineers by proposing software designs, providing feedback on software designs and/or implementation. You show good problem solving skills and can help the team in triaging operational issues. You leverage your expertise in eliminating repeat occurrences.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Engineer, you’ll take the lead as you…
Use your technology acumen to apply and maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies within specialized area(s) of the technology domain. Evaluate new technologies and participate in decision-making, accounting for several factors such as viability within Target’s technical environment, maintainability, and cost of ownership. Initiate and execute research and proof-of-concept activities for new technologies. Manage total product, financials and forecasting. Lead the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of services. Lead and conduct code review, design review, testing, and debugging activities at the application level. Lead functional design and architecture discussions with understanding of process flows and system diagrams to enable design decisions. Participate in routine and non-routine construction, automation, and implementation activities, ensuring successful implementation with architectural and operational requirements and best practices met. Provide technical oversight and coach others to resolve complex and severe technical issues. Lead disaster recovery activities and contribute to disaster recovery planning. Embed data quality protocols throughout data acquisition, processing, storage, and operational use.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Must have qualifications, Technical :
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent industry experience)
• Strong computer fundamentals and problem solving skills with data structures and algorithms
• 5-8 years of strong product development experience in building massively large-scale distributed systems and products.
• 3-4 years of experience in big data analytics technologies like Storm, Spark/Spark streaming, Flink, AWS Kinesis, Azure Streaming Analytics, Kafka streaming, Databricks,, Azure Batch, Hive, Druid, Presto, Elasticsearch, Airflow, etc.
• 3-4 years of experience working high throughput low latency databases like Druid, Hbase, Cassandra, CosmosDB, DynamoDB, Redis, etc.
• Strong understanding of distributed systems fundamentals around scalability, elasticity, availability, fault-tolerance, etc.
• Experience in analysing and improving the efficiency, scalability, and stability of distributed systems and service backends
• Good understanding of JVM and any JVM based programming languages like Java, Scala or Kotlin.
• Exposed to low level designing of code with awareness of design patterns, schema designing and object oriented concepts.
• Experience with build process, CI/CD technologies
Good to have:
• Experience with containerisation and TDD is a plus.
• 3-4 years of experience in building high performance RPC services using different high performance paradigms: multi-threading, multi-processing, asynchronous programming (nonblocking IO), reactive programming, etc. Experience with frameworks such as gRPC, netty, istio, spring-webflux, etc is a plus.
• Experience with designing and building high scale app backends and micro-services - load balancers, proxies, caches, CDNs, messaging systems, serverless compute (e.g. lambda), monitoring and telemetry, etc is a big plus
• Superior organization, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Must be a proven performer and team player that enjoys challenging assignments in a high energy, fast growing and start-up workplace
• Must be a self-starter who can work well with minimal guidance and in fluid environment
• Experience with working on massively large-scale data-driven systems in production environments
• Experience in performance and cost optimization, tracing and debugging
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture