Sr Engineer - Target IndiaApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000211358
job family: Product Engineering
schedule: Full time
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
Data Engineering in Data Sciences team designs and creates innovative solutions for a variety of applications, platforms and environments. Data Engineering not only gives Target a competitive advantage in the marketplace, but also enhances the guest experience through the smart use of technology in the retail industry. Use your skills, experience, and talents to be a part of ground-breaking thinking and visionary goals.
- Contributes to project success by providing technical leadership on assigned projects.
- Writes technical architecture and solutions
- Translates technical solutions based on client’s needs and feasibility.
- Stays current with technology and determines the impact of hardware and/or software upgrades on new and existing applications.
- Evaluates vendor products and prepares recommendations.
- Ensures high quality, adherence to standards and best practices, high performance, and scalable, repeatable processes and deliverables.
- Understands interrelationships and impacts of systems and applications upon the Target technical environment.
- Participates in project estimation.
- Provides project knowledge and expertise to the TTS organization.
- Identifies and escalates issues when needed
- Prioritizes workload and accomplishes assignments on time, ensuring deliverables are high quality.
- Prepares and conducts technical instruction and mentoring for team members and roll-out room staff.
- Completes all administration in a timely and quality manner.
- Four year college degree
- 4-6 years of experience in Big Data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Hands on Experience in Object Oriented or functional programming such as Scala or Java or Python
- Have experience with Data Pipeline and workflow management tools such as Oozie.
- Have experience working on Hive, PostgreSQL, HBase or related technology
- Knowledge of Messaging and Event Systems such as Kafka
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communications skills for technical audiences; able to explain technical solutions to technical teams
- Have experience working on devops model
- Good interpersonal, problem solving, reasoning and analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Self-starter with self initiative and direction
- Works well independently
- Works with confidential information
- Good numeric aptitude
- Good understanding of PC and general office productivity applications
- Understands the retail business, technology, and the application of technology to our business
- Solid SDLC knowledge and expertise
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture