Sr Engineer - Target IndiaApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000322692
job family: Product Engineering
schedule: Full time
Working at Target means helping all families discover the joy of everyday life. We bring that vision to life through our values and culture. Learn more about Target here.
As a Senior Engineer, you serve as a specialist in the engineering team that supports the product. You help develop and gain insight in the application architecture. You can distill an abstract architecture into concrete design and influence the implementation. You show expertize in applying the appropriate software engineering patterns to build robust and scalable systems. You are an expert in programming and apply your skills in developing the product. You have the skills to design and implement the architecture on your own, but choose to influence your fellow engineers by proposing software designs, providing feedback on software designs and/or implementation. You show good problem solving skills and can help the team in triaging operational issues. You leverage your expertise in eliminating repeat occurrences.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Engineer, you’ll take the lead as you…
Use your technology acumen to apply and maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies within specialized area(s) of the technology domain. Evaluate new technologies and participate in decision-making, accounting for several factors such as viability within Target’s technical environment, maintainability, and cost of ownership. Initiate and execute research and proof-of-concept activities for new technologies. Manage total product, financials and forecasting. Lead the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of services. Lead and conduct code review, design review, testing, and debugging activities at the application level. Lead functional design and architecture discussions with understanding of process flows and system diagrams to enable design decisions. Participate in routine and non-routine construction, automation, and implementation activities, ensuring successful implementation with architectural and operational requirements and best practices met. Provide technical oversight and coach others to resolve complex and severe technical issues. Lead disaster recovery activities and contribute to disaster recovery planning. Embed data quality protocols throughout data acquisition, processing, storage, and operational use.
About Product –Merchandising is a large pyramid within Target responsible for vendor negotiations, product selection, merchandise display decisions and the advertising of merchandise. Merchandising drives profitable market share growth by fulfilling our "Expect More, Pay Less" brand promise. By delivering differentiated product offerings for guests at great values, Merchandising ensures Target stores carry everything guests want and need.
The Space and Presentation team in the Merchandising Pyramid uses presentation expertise to develop world-class environments for our store team members and guests, and helps simplify the stocking and shopping of our stores through space and presentation management.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Frontend Development:Lead and execute the development of intuitive, responsive, and visually appealing user interfaces using modern frontend frameworks (e.g., React, Angular).
- UI/UX Design:Work closely with design teams/product to translate wireframes and mockups into functional frontend code, ensuring a balance between design aesthetics and technical feasibility. Whenever needed, wear the CAP of UI/UX designer
- Feature Implementation:Implement new features and functionalities while ensuring they align with design guidelines, usability standards, and overall application performance.
- Code Optimization:Optimize frontend code for maximum speed, scalability, and maintainability, employing best practices and performance tuning techniques.
- Backend Integration:Collaborate with backend developers to integrate frontend components with backend systems, ensuring seamless data exchange and application functionality. Also develop backend systems as per need.
- Testing and Debugging:Conduct thorough testing of applications, identify and address performance bottlenecks, and debug issues across multiple browsers and platforms.
- Documentation and Maintenance:Create technical documentation, including diagrams and guides, and actively participate in maintaining and updating existing codebases.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- • Demonstratable ability to optimize complex multi-page web applications using techniques like server side rendering, CDN optimization, React JS, Webpack, etc.
- • Strong advocate of good engineering practices
- • Knowledge of nextjs
- • Ability to architect solutions using frontend technologies
- • Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- • Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- • Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- • Prior experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Redux)
- • Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- • Good knowledge of HTML / CSS
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture