Sr EngineerApply Now Job ID: R0000156756 job family: Data Engineering schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
JOIN US AS A SENIOR ENGINEER
Behind one of the world’s best loved brands is a uniquely capable and brilliant team of Data and AI Scientists, Analysts, and Engineers. The Target Data Engineering team creates the tools and data products to sustainably educate and enable our business partners to make great data-based decisions at Target. Data Engineering is a global and collaborative team building enterprise data and platform products while utilizing the latest Big Data development tools/technologies at scale.
You will work closely with Product Owners, Data Analysts, and Data and AI Scientists to create datasets, features, libraries’ and tools that support discovering, analyzing, moving, visualizing, modeling and experimentation of voluminous data collected from internal and external systems. Business decision-making and initiatives are empowered with these model recommendations to achieve Target’s strategic goals while providing world-class shopping experiences!
A role as a Senior Engineer is an opportunity to play on innovation’s next frontier. We recognize that Target’s competitive advantage in offering even more value to our guests hinges on our ability to leverage the full capability of our data. Here, you will provide technology leadership and hands-on contributions towards building technical solutions to collect, manage and store data from a wide range of sources. The output of which is used to inform Target’s most important strategic objectives for creating compelling, differentiated experiences for our guests.
As a Senior Engineer, you’ll take the lead as you…
- Use your technology acumen to apply and maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies within specialized area(s) of the technology domain.
- Evaluate new technologies and participates in decision-making, accounting for several factors such as viability within Target’s technical environment, maintainability, and cost of ownership.
- Initiate and execute research and proof-of-concept activities for new technologies. Lead or set strategy for testing and debugging at the platform or enterprise level.
- In complex and unstructured situations, serve as an expert resource to create and improve standards and best practices to ensure high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables.
- Lead the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of services.
- Provide the team with thought leadership to promote re-use and develop consistent, scalable patterns.
- Participate in planning services that have enterprise impact.
- Provide suggestions for handling routine and moderately complex technical problems, escalating issues when appropriate.
- Gather information, data, and input from a wide variety of sources; identify additional resources when appropriate, engage with appropriate stakeholders, and conduct in-depth analysis of information.
- Develop plans and schedules, estimate resource requirements, and define milestones and deliverables.
- Monitor workflow and risks; play a leadership role in mitigating risks and removing obstacles.
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in application and data pipeline development
- 2+ years’ experience working with volume and variety of data in a production environment
- 1+ years’ experience in developing software applications
- 1+ years’ experience working on Bigdata technologies like Hadoop, Spark and Hive.
- Proficiency in at-least one of the following languages: Java, Scala, Python
- Computer Science foundational knowledge including competencies working with design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience building accessible web user interfaces
- Experience performance tuning data pipelines and data platforms
- Experience working on projects orchestrating containerization (e.g. Docker)
- Experience automated testing and proficient with a testing framework (e.g. Jest, Cypress)
- Experience integrating with REST APIs
- Knowledgeable of streaming solutions (e.g. Kafka)
- Exposure to containerization (e.g. Docker)
- Exposure to DevOps tools, processes, and culture (e.g. Spinnaker, Drone, Jenkins, Git, etc.)
- Experience working with a source versioning tool, such as Git
- Awareness of new and emerging technologies
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture