Sr Engineering ManagerApply Now Job ID: R0000169875 job family: Technology Engineering Management schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
The Sr. Engineering Manager (SEM) is responsible for a managing a team of full stack engineers that is building highly innovative and cutting edge robotics solutions. This role is accountable for leading a team, developing code, deploying and managing in production. Most importantly, the SEM, while working with the Product owners drives the product Net promoter score (NPS), user satisfaction, building the product roadmap and delivering highly functional, exceptionally innovative and intelligent software. You will be called upon to be the technical representative for your team during cross-team collaborative efforts and planning. Success in this role will require strong and innovative approaches to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, accountability and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail. Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you’ll take the lead as you…
Drive product development and operations with lead engineers and drive technical decision making, adhering to Target platform architecture and other enterprise decisions. You’ll have a strong focus on team management and development, equal focus will be on writing production code and hands on active development of the capabilities and solutions. Assist in defining infrastructure need, internal vs. external cloud and use of Target enterprise solution and drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment and managing overall software development cycle by adhering to development and security standards. Establish good stakeholder communication and work closely with Product teams and influence set product roadmap and help drive requirements while being a strong advocate of extreme agile and DevOps practices across engineers. Build and manage a team of high performing full stack engineers and provide leadership, coaching, motivation and recommend staffing levels, operating procedures, tools and systems for the team. Provide career development and performance management to a team of engineers.
• 4 year degree in or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of engineering (software development) experience
• 1-3 years of managing teams with a strong track record of delivery for cross-functional product experience with Cloud hosting and managing products
• Proficient in building high performing APIs and writing specs
• Expertise in 2 or more of the programming languages
• Experience with integration, data handling technologies and other open source frameworks
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
• Team-orientated, passionate about developing others’ skills and capabilities
• Successful track record of working in large enterprise technology ecosystems leading complex technology teams
• Deep understanding of agile development processes and methodology including continuous integration and delivery, with a mindset of building incrementally and delivering business value quickly
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture