Sr Inventory ManagerApply Now Job ID: R0000014077 Date posted: 07/03/2019 schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
As a Sr Inventory Manager, you will be responsible for leading and developing the Inventory management (IM) team by creating a culture that values data, system utilization, accountability and innovation. Should be an expert on replenishment systems and should support the IM team in ongoing exception management and problem solving. Responsible for setting inventory placement goals that align with business objectives. The role needs to advocate, remove barriers and build connections for the team. This individual will be responsible for coaching and developing team members to manage existing processes. They will also be responsible for working closely with Senior Management in India and Minneapolis to develop and execute strategies.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead a team of inventory analyst who supports inventory placement for various IM functions.
• Organizes the Inventory Management team to execute against the operational plan
• Drive development and execution of positioning recommendations with IM team
• Manage decisions on flow and positioning for initial sets, events
• Drive use of systems to address issues vs. manual intervention
• Interacts with IM and planning managers/directors on store level inventory concerns
• Provide summarized analysis for Ads and EOS strategy and recap (e.g. size, color trends) at localized level
• Cultivate an environment where the Inventory Management team is encouraged to drive insights / recommendations (vs. just providing data) and have the confidence to defend what is right for the business
• Provide hands-on apprenticeship to Inventory Analysts and support cross-functional exposure to ensure a well-rounded skill set
• Develop and implement strategies, including system solutions, staffing plans, productivity and quality improvements pertaining to the above processes.
• Represent Merchandise Planning at all levels of the organization on key initiatives at Target India Operations & Project Management and Innovation:
• Establish comprehensive operations & project plans to ensure all deadlines are met.
• Drive innovation and productivity improvement through Six Sigma initiatives
• Create an environment and culture of knowledge sharing and increase automation culture, communication and Training
• Help establish Target culture and best practices for all of Target India.
• Establish and model a Fast, Fun, and Friendly environment
• Demonstrate sensitivity to cross-cultural nuances. Communicate effectively with team members and partners in various forums including town halls and skip level meets.
• Provide direction, support, and training opportunities for team members.
• Responsible for resource planning, competency development, performance management, productivity improvement, talent retention, career planning and development
• Balance and prioritize workload and resources as necessary. Keep track of “work life balance” of the team and takes necessary actions whenever required.
• Select, lead and develop key manager positions and build a high performing team striving to achieve excellence and ultimately create the best company ever. Actively be involved in the hiring process by conducting effective interviews. Personally spend adequate time on coaching and mentoring the next level of team members.
• Sets appropriate performance measures for all team members & coach them when there are performance issues.
• Analyze various outputs from Best Team Survey and develop an action plan to address issues relating to team member morale and satisfaction
• 4 Years Bachelor’s degree from and accredited university
• 8+ years of business experience in transactional processes & analytics
• 5+ years experience leading teams (cross-functional) for multinational organizations
• Expertise in Inventory management principals and systems
• Experience in supply chain planning: allocation, replenishment, operations
• Consensus building, influencing and negotiating at senior levels
• Team management and development
• Translating data from an array of sources into insights and go-forward recommendations
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work well with others and contribute to
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture