Sr. Manager AcceleratorsApply Now Job ID: R0000030789 Date posted: 07/16/2019 schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
Senior Manager Target Accelerator (Strategic Priorities)
Here is a great opportunity to work as Sr. Manager for Target Accelerator and be part of Strategy & Innovation Pyramid in India. Target is committed to driving innovation with the potential to advance retail. Target Strategy & Innovation is focused on the future - cultivating more than just an “idea farm,” but truly improving the overall success of Target and raising the innovation standard for the entire retail industry. A role with Innovation means helping Target advance its core business through innovative problem-solving, startup partnerships and accelerators. As the Senior Manager Accelerators, you will be responsible for the success of our accelerator programs. We are looking for a Sr. Manager for this department to handle help with Strategic Priorities and Process Improvement.
- Provide a strategic view on Target business priorities and use cases by partnering with key Target Leaders in India and US.
- Understand business pyramid's appetite for innovation by continuous interactions with the leaders and work with internal stakeholders to identify business priorities for Target.
- Support business operations of Accelerators in India as well as to partner with a US counterpart to strengthen & align how the accelerator programs function globally. Identify and champion internal / external best practices, tools, and ideas to improve Accelerator operations.
- Create a collaborative environment across geographies (Minneapolis and Bangalore) for startup engagement strategy.
- Work with multiple internal teams such as legal, compliance, IS&P, Info-Sec and VRM to ensure smooth onboarding of startups and their engagement with Target.
- Work with startups and business teams to ensure startup deliverables are met as per the pre-defined Scope of Work. Deliverables may include technology products, design documents, marketing creatives etc. This is where clear understanding of Retail use cases and technology would help.
- Should be able to function in a high pressure environment. Demonstrate high degree of self-organization, direction and ability to manage multiple/competing priorities.
- Guide start-ups and TMI teams on Target architecture, security and privacy requirements and data security. Provide inputs to solution architecture and get them ready for integration with Target systems, ready to scale reliably and securely.
- Seven to ten years’ experience in Global Retail Industry preferably within Target with progressive increase in responsibilities.
- In-depth knowledge on overall retail industry trends both from technology and use case perspectives. People with solutions development/architecture for retail industry will be given preference.
- Comfortable to handle conversations with senior leaders across business domains to understand their business priorities including CXO, VP Level.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, negotiation skills and people management skills.
- Ability to quickly understand and translate business logic into technical specs for startups.
- Comfortable in designing and executing business process, evaluate tools for continuous improvement of Accelerator operations.
- Engineering or Business degree. MBA a plus.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture