Sr Manager AccountingApply Now Job ID: R0000058115 schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
JOIN US AS A Sr. Manager Financial Accounting & Reporting
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words:
Sr. Manager Accounts
About This Opportunity
As a Sr. Manager Financial Accounting & Reporting, you would be responsible for the financial accounting function at Target India, including general ledger, accounts payable and applicable regulatory compliance which have a bearing on the operations. You will take the lead to…
Financial Accounting & Reporting
- To ensure that accounts are maintained up-to-date and required information on income, expense, debtors, creditors and cash position is available at all times to help efficient management of operations.
- Lead preparation of management and statutory accounts and Statutory book closure.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the books of account and timely reporting of financial statements and ensure regulatory compliances
- Manage end to end management of accounting for fixed asset, Inter-company including GAAP accounting
- To ensure that all legal requirements as per local laws as they pertain to the financial operations are complied with.
- To have adequate internal controls to ensure that management information reports are meaningful and reliable.
- Set up quality procedures, identify areas of improvements, introduce modification, create awareness to ensure improve existing processes
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Preparation of MIS reports on cash flows and profitability.
- Allocation of costs to the appropriate units/ divisions.
- Ensure effective Inter -company reconciliations.
- Manage local accounting and cost centre structure.
- Accounting for Capital Projects.
- Supervise individual contributors responsible for routine finance/ accounting tasks.
Other Key expectations
- Effectve engagement and coordination with regulators, external & internal auditors, internal 7 external stajeholders, management, Board on Financial reporting related matters.
- Possesses good understanding of business priorities and alignment with HQ, in developing finance strategic roadmap
- Possess good understanding of the Direct taxes, Indirect Taxes, Transfer Pricing and International Taxation
- Possess good understanding of US GAAP, IFRS and IND AS.
- Partner with leaders to assess overall health and performance of business and team to identify opportunities for better financial governance
- Provide clear communication, direction and feedback to teams
- Lead training and awareness to key stakeholders on financial prudence
- Build and retain highly influential world class finance team
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Post Graduate or Graduate in Accounting.
- Work experience of 8-14 years of experience; Preferably a Chartered Accountant with 8-12 years of post-qualification experience along with relevant work experience.
- Well versed with various Accounting Standards.
- Strong skills in the following areas: organization, ability to work with various stakeholders, attention to detail, working with External 7 Internal Auditors, Tax and compliance personnels, excellent in problem solving, abilitiy to challenge processes & process related decisions.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficiency in accounting systems/ ERP preferred.
Eligible team members will receive one of the best earnings packages anywhere, including competitive pay, all-around insurance coverage, 401(k), flexible scheduling, training and development and many other perks and benefits. Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best – the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members’ futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education®.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture