Sr Manager Accounting
JOIN US AS A Sr. Manager Accounts Payable
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words:
Sr. Manager Vendor Payable
About This Opportunity
As a Sr. Manager Accounts Payable, you will be responsible for managing the vendor payables accounting, reporting and treasury functions. The incumbent will ensure adherence to internal process and policy requirements, meeting service levels, holding team members and stakeholders accountable and setting-up governance process to drive timely and accurate books of accounts.
Control, you’ll take the lead to…
- Responsible for managing the vendor payables team within the Financial Accounting & Reporting team.
- Review and approve all vendor creation/ edition and terminations and management of vendor data.
- Review and approve vendor/ contractors payments or advances/ adjustments for all non-payroll payments.
- Ensure timely settlements with Vendors and get a "nil balance" confirmation from all vendors.
- Ensuring TDS and other statutory deductions are made timely and accurately prior to approving payments and timely deposit with the relevant authorities including management of certificates and challans
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of monthly, quarterly and annual returns of Tax Deducted at Source, VAT etc.
- Management of treasury functions including fund request; Forex rate settlement; day to day relations with Banks, domestic and international payments while ensuring compliances of all laws not limited to FEMA.
- Ensure true and fair accounting including monthly provisions, tax deductions, adjustments and accounting.
- Review and approve monthly account reconciliations for all non-payroll expenditure & vendor related accounts.
- Review and drive the monthly accounts closing process and ensure appropriate allocation to cost centers.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and also responsible to support variety of audits including and not limited to Internal; IFC testing; FCPA; and statutory audits.
- Ensure collaboration with all stake-holders to ensure seamless experience.
- Ensure that the team meets service level agreements (SLAs) with internal client expectations on timeliness.
- Support the GL functions in providing necessary accounting and documentary supports on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure all vendor payable systems and bank systems are managed effectively and fulfill the SOD requirements.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes impacting the accounting and payable process and taking actions to mitigate regulatory risks on an on-going basis.
- Responsible for internal controls impacting the payable process and ensuring effectiveness of internal financial controls
- Lead process improvement ideas in driving efficiency, strengthening controls and improving quality.
- Drive team member engagement, coaching conversations, and as a senior manager contribute to department and Finance specific talent strategies.
- College degree in accounting
- Work experience of 8-14 years of experience; Preferably a Chartered Accountant with 8-12 years of post-qualification experience along with relevant work experience
- Preferably having knowledge of indirect taxation.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in basic accounting systems
Eligible team members will receive one of the best earnings packages anywhere, including competitive pay, all-around insurance coverage, 401(k), flexible scheduling, training and development and many other perks and benefits. Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best – the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members’ futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education®.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture