Sr Manager Comp Intel Audit & OpsApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000318087
job family: Pricing & Promotions
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best - the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members' futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Target Merchandising is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how this $106 billion retailer offers the innovative, guest-inspiring items that Target is known and loved for. Our goal is to deliver exceptional value, quality and style to elevate Target as the premier retailer in a competitive global marketplace. Through intelligent and progressive business strategies that make the most of Target’s resources and partnerships worldwide, Merchandising works across product categories to create a localized shopping experience online and in our 1900 plus stores.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Sr. manager of Competitive Intelligence Audit & Operations, you will play a key role in the alignment of our strategy, managing the operations of gathering competitive intelligence and ensuring 100% of Target’s assortment receives actionable competitor data. You will lead a team of high performing individuals, will be responsible for end-to-end comp intel operations management of Target’s digital and in-store channels. The core responsibility of the Senior Manager will include a mix of evolving our strategy, delivering operational excellence and people management. Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking and communication skills to provide strategic direction for long term Comp Intel vision.
- Build annual goals and objectives aligned to the larger enterprise initiatives.
- Establish and grow relationships with key decision-makers within the cross-functional team, both in Target in India and Minneapolis to drive strategic business initiatives.
- Being accountable for succeeding against identified business outcomes and metrics, set the short and long term product goals, and quarterly Objectives and Key Results (OKRs).
- Responsible for gatherings consistent, accurate and timely comp Intel to derive actionable pricing insights.
- Responsibility for meeting operational and business metrics. Own the Weekly Business review and shareout at appropriate forums.
- Maintain high standards of accuracy of competitive data by conducting necessary audits.
- You will be responsible for developing and fostering key stakeholder relationships, including product, process and other cross-functional teams, and frequent communication with the stakeholders and all other individuals for the areas of responsibility and focus.
- Partner with data providers to deliver timely and accurate competitive intelligence that is critical to deliver appropriate retail in store and online.
- Lead the reporting of Comp Intel operations to provide necessary visibility to broader leadership and in global forums.
- Additionally, you would be expected to understand, demonstrate, and actively drive Target’s core business values and initiatives, and translate those into everyday routines.
- Define and develop clear roles, responsibilities, and routines to ensure consistently excellent gathering of comp Intel data.
- Lead teams to develop and drive timing and actions, lead annual and quarterly goal setting to deliver on volume and quality expectations.
- Drive the weekly business reviews to ensure strategies are implemented and educate team members on the impact of their decisions.
- Lead planning & improvements for hiring, training, coaching & recognition.
- Ensure that team members are highly motivated and performing to their full potential by:
- Providing thoughtful, motivating, and constructive feedback to the team, helping them gain insights about themselves, their effectiveness, and the organization.
- Help the team integrate their goals and capabilities with the organization’s emerging needs.
- Identify and attract key individuals with the critical capabilities needed by the organization.
Reports to Director, Competitive Intelligence & Pricing Operations
Works closely with all disciplines of Pricing team, Comp Intel Product and Engineering teams, Data Analytics and Data Science teams (VP, Sr. Directors, Managers, Analysts, Product Owners, Price Engineering), Item COE
- 10+ years of total experience; 5+ years of experience in retail
- Prior supervisory experience required with the ability to lead, engage and inspire their team
- Demonstrated ability to develop and translate strategy to action and adjust strategy based on changing circumstances
- High level of resiliency, personal accountability, collaboration and comfort with ambiguity
- Strong understanding of process and operations, data and technology
- Strategic thinker with effective, diplomatic and proactive leadership skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong analytical, decision-making, project management, planning and organizational skills
- Strong people skills and ability to maximize relationships
- Excellent communication, influencing, and leadership skills
- Technical skills should include Microsoft Office and Target Retail systems.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture