Sr Manager DigitalApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000238963
job family: Digital Marketing
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic, beloved and well-recognized brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
We are a creative unit dedicated to bringing one of the world’s most beloved and recognizable brands to life. Whether through design, marketing or brand work, we are the driving force behind delivering Target’s dynamic, inventive and unmistakable storytelling to its massive global audience. Our mission is to inspire a sense of joy, wonder and excitement, and to take our guests—and ourselves—somewhere new. Never resting on past wins or settling for anything less than extraordinary, our origin story built us to thrive in the competitive and changing retail marketplace. We tell a compelling and cohesive brand story, maximizing our messages across multiple platforms—whether via a digital art gallery or a new $1 billion children’s clothing brand. Operating as one fully integrated team in both Bengaluru and the U.S., we comprise of the best and brightest talent to execute market-leading creative strategy, design, writing, video production, operations, digital, UX, social media and more. We leverage smart and rewarding external partnerships while closely aligning with our Target teams. Together, we tackle every creative challenge with our amplified strengths, ultimately bearing the groundbreaking creative work that helps make Target the decisive guest favorite, year after year.
As a Sr. Manager in the digital space, you will lead a team of art directors, production designers and social media analysts to drive the creative vision across categories on multiple social channels. Your role will encompass different facets per project from concepting creative solutions through execution of approved concepts in ways that challenge conventional thinking to meet and exceed business and marketing objectives. Multi-tasking and collaborating with partners across creative, strategists, brand category marketeers, site merchandising, technology, and production disciplines, you should be comfortable in hands-on creation, as well as explaining concepts to partners across the organization, including creative senior leadership. You will deliver on business goals and objectives and advocate for empathy with your passion to understand guest needs and journeys. You will be a part of the Digital Creative team and play a key role in defining the strategy and head the expansion of the team and process for Digital Creative in Target. You'll partner with teams in Bengaluru and Minneapolis to deliver on our Expect More. Pay Less. Brand promise.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4-year college degree and/or equivalent experience preferred
- 12+ years of relevant professional experience with a preferred 5+ yrs. of Digital experience
- Strong creative portfolio demonstrating breadth of social and digital capabilities, with a focus on design and art direction
- Expert knowledge of standard design software (Adobe tools, Mac platform, etc.)
- Strong conceptual skills and expertise in typography and use of photo assets
- Strong User-Centered Design experience with a solid understanding of user-focused design principles
- Basic UX and front-end development knowledge preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Think strategically, critically, and creatively
- Action oriented with ability to prioritize and drive results
- Desire and ability to learn quickly – self-starting, highly motivated, fast working
- Ability to present to senior creative leadership with clear, compelling rationale for creative solutions
- Collaborative influencer with a clear POV and ability to establish rapport with peers
- Adept at managing multiple, concurrent, and complex projects
- Flexible to travel as needed
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture