Sr Manager Roundel MediaApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000318580
job family: Digital Marketing
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative, and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies, and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive, and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
As a Senior Manager for Media Operations at Target (Roundel) you will support Target’s retail media business responsible to build and execute successful media campaigns aligned to client objectives. You will be accountable to build a high performing team through intentional talent strategies focused on attracting, engaging, developing and retaining talent. The team functionally owns end-to-end media execution and set up for all digital, display, social and programmatic/RTB platforms. This includes plan, launch, monitor and optimize campaigns to drive highest possible performance while effectively utilizing the available inventory, reconcile tracking between internal and 3rd parties, investigate and resolve inventory discrepancies between servers, manage inventory forecasts and insights to campaign reporting & media planning teams, provide ad performance metrics and inventory optimization, analyze key trends and consistencies. Success in this position requires strong domain expertise, team leadership, analytical mindset, stakeholder influence and client consulting.
- Demonstrate strong expertise in retail / ecommerce media and applicability within the evolving retail media eco-system to provide thought leadership and best practices to the organization.
- Partner with cross-functional teams across Roundel (sales, account management, creative, performance & insights) teams to understand brand and retailer growth objectives and translate these priorities into actionable retail media campaigns that drive omni-channel demand and conversion.
- Plan and activate retail media programs utilizing mix of appropriate tactics that unlock omni channel conversion and growth. Full funnel media planning, and optimization mind set and expertise to drive performance for brands/advertisers.
- Manage assigned budgets and deliver on established KPIs based on the shopper and brand objective.
- Ensure media best practices and established guidelines for Retail Media, especially as it relates performance, transparency, efficiency, and brand safety requirements, are being applied across all investments.
- Drive results through rigorous optimizations and ensure all KPIs are exceeding benchmarks.
- Steward relationships with key retail media platforms to ensure success of our investments across all tactics, get access to emerging opportunities (ex: new tactics, technology, capabilities) to enhance brand campaigns and continue to test & learn to effect business impact.
- Lead and collaborate with advertisers and agency partners through AM teams for annual planning, activation, optimization, measurement (campaign level, monthly, quarterly, and annual) and other ad hoc requests as business needs arise. Ensure accountability and delivery on requirements and projects.
- Create professional client facing documents/reports highlighting clear and actionable insights, during the live campaign stages. Be a subject matter expert on client calls related to campaign related queries.
- Continue with consultative approach during live flights to re-align on tactics and deliver desirable performance results and customer delight through highest level of servicing and knowledge on brand.
- Proactively perform ongoing paid media discovery, expansion, and optimization tactics.
- Perform regular competitive research analysis across media and retail landscape.
- Stay abreast of new tools, trends, and best practices.
- Managing work triaging and shifts you will be the first point of contact for the partners and stake holders for any launch/live campaign related queries which includes process, QA, platform, performance, inventory, audience targeting, troubleshooting etc.
- Build a high performing, diverse and inclusive team; with strong talent strategies to attract, engage, develop and retain talent on the team. Build expertise in talent practice and routines that Target follows.
- Foster a culture of care, grow and win together while demonstrating drive, connection and inclusion.
- Report on the key performance indicators, bandwidth utilization and deliverables.
- Involve actively in automation / product / workflow related discussion and contribute towards operation excellence and efficiencies to improve speed to market.
- Participate in training & development planning program for new hires.
- 10+ years of core digital media experience leading strategic planning and activation with a strong focus on Commerce/ Retail Media.
- Have a core operational understanding of critical programmatic campaign components such as: brand safety guidelines, ad view ability, and filtering for suspicious and/or fraudulent media activity.
- Must have experience leading the development of strategic retail media recommendations and managing investment and activation across different digital tactics (ex: Display, Search, CTV, Video).
- Needs to have familiarity how these programs also impact total OMNICHANNEL campaigns (ex: in-store, promos)
- Must have experience formulating objective based KPIs and strong understanding of closed loop retail attribution and measurement.
- Needs to be results/ performance driven and can demonstrate past business performance success.
- Strong communicator, with ability to translate complex digital media concepts into solutions as required to influence business and executive stakeholders.
- Understand media operations and requirements (Trafficking, Budgets, Reporting, Billing)
- Collaborative strengths to develop relationships cross functionally and with external agency and platform partners.
- Strong analytical skills with superior attention to detail, resourceful and self-motivated
- Able to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent project and resource management skills.
- Strong relationship building skills, which include maintaining positive stakeholder and vendor relationships.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with multiple business partners and work effectively with global teams.
- High energy, result-oriented, team player.
- Advanced Excel/presentations skills with the ability to produce high-quality documents.
- Competency of industry systems & tools such as Doubleclick, Adwords, Social Platforms, Integral Ad Science, MOAT, Google Analytics, ComScore, eMarketer, Nielsen, IAB, and more
- Experience with online ad serving concepts (CPM/CPA/ROI/ROAS/RTB), video, mobile, social, display, RTB, programmatic buying.
- Understand concepts of programmatic planning, execution, and ecosystem across channels
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture