Sr Manager TaxApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000230619
job family: Tax
schedule: Full time
Job Title: Sr Manager Tax
Leads the management and oversight for compliance with the direct tax, transfer pricing, indirect tax and other regulations which have a bearing on the operations including International Taxation. Assist Finance Director to manage Target India FP&A deliverables.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner and lead projects for evaluating multiple options for optimizing Corporate Tax rate
- Evaluate investment strategy from tax stand point, provides inputs on global investments and tax impact
- Reviews the calculation of monthly tax provisions for STPI and SEZ units.
- Reviews computation of Advance Tax for STPI and SEZ units and ensuring that the same are paid as per the statutory due dates.
- Leads and partner with Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR) team for finalization of tax audits.
- Leads conversation with external advisors to finalize Corporate Tax Returns.
- Play critical role in deciding issues on transfer pricing and development of transfer pricing strategies.
- Reviews service tax refund claims.
- Appearance before tax authorities for refund and assessment statues alongwith consulting partners
- Provide necessary guidance inputs to the FAR team for accounting for taxes.
- Advise internal business partners on direct and indirect tax issues and withholding taxes.
- Be a point of contact for the FAR team to clarify tax impact of accounting entries and providing guidance on tax efficient accounting.
- Review income tax assessments status, including compilation of information as required by the tax authorities.
- Work with external advisors with regards to tax appeals, advance rulings and any other interaction with regulatory authorities.
- Evaluate and suggest for investment decisions in start up activities
- Draft funding instrument for investment activities
- Evaluate and suggest key matters related to leadership pay structure, transfer pricing and tax impact
- Lead the repatriation of profits and compliance with applicable laws effort for the company.
- Lead the tax team and manage consultants
- Lead the FP&A team to build end-to-end budget process; develop comprehensive, budgetary, operational and financial metrics and assumptions.
- Responsible to develop long range plan for the entity including capex requirements
- Produce a variety of ad hoc analyses and dashboards, focusing on tangible outcomes
- Support the senior leadership team in assessment and communication of business performance, trends
- Develop financial modelling and review each business opportunity and challenges the stakeholders throughout the process to maximize the outcome in terms of financial and operational benefit to the Company
- Partner with leaders to assess overall health and performance of business and team to identify opportunities for better financial governance
- Reports to Director Finance
- Works closely with all the finance pyramid team members and other key clients
- CA with 7-8 years of post qualification experience in taxation.
- From IT industry or Big Four tax consulting teams.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent Communication skills.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture