Sr Mgr Corporate SecurityApply Now Job ID: R0000033670 Date posted: 07/18/2019 schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
Sr. Manager Corporate Security Services
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
The Sr. Manager Corporate Security Services leads, guides, and directs overall security operations and takes a lead role in the coordination of incident response. This position builds strong cross-functional partnerships across Target India by communicating goals and expectations to mitigate against emerging risks to the company.
The Sr. Manager Corporate Security cultivates external partnerships with local and state law enforcement, federal agencies, third party security providers, and community organizations. This position also works closely with Human Resources, Corporate Real Estate, Communications, Executive Services, Global Crisis Management, Third Party Security Provider, and other teams to ensure successful integration of strategic priorities and initiatives.
A role within Corporate Security means maintaining the physical security of our team members and property at our various facilities and locations. Here, you may support Target’s crises operations and continuity planning that provides guidance and procedures in the event of emergencies such as catastrophic weather.
The Sr. Manager Corporate Security Services leads a team of professionals who enable safe and secure business operations at Target India’s corporate location. This position develops, implements, supports, and executes security programs and processes to maintain a safe workplace environment. The Sr. Manager will engage with the corporate team member population in all aspects of access management, incident response, investigation, special event support, safe and secure concerns, and overall safe and secure culture.
Job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall Leadership: Leads the security team in support of all designated security tasks and projects.
- Training and Development: Determines staffing requirements, guides recruiting, oversees training and development programs, and retains highly qualified team members that are capable and ready.
- Technology Management: Maximizes the utilization of security systems, including access management and surveillance tools.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Develops a deep understanding of current and emerging risks to apply security risk framework processes to minimize impact.
- Resource for Others: Serves as a resource to internal leaders and team members, as well as external public and private partners or agencies. Troubleshooting and researching questions, communicating subject matter expertise, and providing benchmarking information are a regular activity.
- Incident and Crisis Management: Works collaboratively with various partners including Corporate Security, Corporate Real Estate, Corporate Command Center, Third Party Security Providers, and Emergency Responders to prepare for, monitor for, respond to, and communicate all incidents and crisis events that may impact Target corporate locations.
- Special Events: Leads on-site special events including safe and secure plans, VIP appointments, events, and high risk terminations to ensure all plans are executed as expected.
- Investigations: Plans, leads, and executes investigations as required. Partners with Global Investigations and Assets Protection as needed.
- Project Management: Actively taking part on Corporate Security Services projects. This role may range from consulting to owning projects based on complexity.
- Other duties as assigned
This position will report directly to the Regional Director Corporate Security. The Sr. Manager leads the Corporate Security Services Team and will also interact with Security Operations Center, Global Investigations, Corporate Real Estate, Executive Services, Corporate Security Solutions, Communications, various levels Headquarters’ leadership, and key external safety and security partners.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three to six years of relevant work experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong passion for delivering a great guest experience with every interaction.
- Strong inter-personal and networking skills to interact in a friendly, emphatic, and professional manner.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with an ability to prioritize.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Strong decision making ability during both crisis and non-crisis situations.
- Ability to multi-task and use various resources to proactively answer questions, identify problems, and perform activities to resolve issues.
- Able to work with confidential information.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of leadership.
- Ability to work in fast paced and changing environments.
- Higher education or certifications.
- Additional training or knowledge of physical security, crisis management, and team leadership.
- Experience and interest in project management involving physical security, technology, and strategy.
- Knowledge of Target policies and procedures.
- Knowledge in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Office 360, and Sharepoint).
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture