Sr Operations Research AnalystApply Now Job ID: R0000148375 job family: Data Science schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
Target is an iconic brand, a fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailer. At Target, we strive to be preferred destination of shopping for our guests across all channels by delivering outstanding value, continuous innovation and an exceptional guest experience – consistently fulfilling our Expect More Pay Less brand Promise.
Target Global supply chain & Logistics (GSCL) is an evolving at fast pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest faster and more efficiently. Network Planning, Global intelligence & Last Mile (NPGI&LM) team is at the forefront of defining future road map for GSCL. NPGI&LM team includes intelligence product teams and aligns them with network planning experts to build industry-leading inventory management and last-mile capabilities.
About this opportunity:
Do you want to shape the future Supply Chain and Logistics strategy for a fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading Retailer? Do you want to optimize Target’s Global Supply Chain end to end, from sourcing to delivery of packages to guest? Are you excited at the prospect of analyzing large data sets and developing complex algorithms, simulation and optimization models to solve real world problems?
As a Sr. Operations Research Analyst – Demand Planning, you will collaborate with key stakeholders across S&OP, Finance, Merchandising, Planning, Inventory Management and other teams to translate high-quality merchandise demand forecast inputs into an operational forecast for key supply chain consumers. Your deep passion for problem-solving and building new technical capabilities will serve you well as you lead the build-out of Target’s Demand Planning capability from the ground up. This role will help drive your career development through robust quantitative analytics and storytelling, influencing senior leaders, sharpening your technology skills, and giving you a deep understanding of Omni-Channel supply chain.
As a Senior Operations Research Analyst you will
- Develop state of the art forecasting models using both qualitative data and advanced quantitative forecasting techniques to more accurately forecast revenue streams, identify emerging business trends, and provide a holistic picture of supply vs. demand.
- Develop statistical learning models (supervised and unsupervised) and time series forecasts using econometric principles to test and validate hypotheses regarding relationships between guest experience, assortment architecture, and enterprise net sales.
- Discover the essential features influencing demand at all assortment echelons.
- Inform Peak capacity planning, cost-to-serve, and mid/long-range CapEx/OpEx requirements using network simulation, scenario planning, constrained and unconstrained modeling.
- Leverage geospatial data, guest segment demographics, and sales patterns to demarcate service areas for new and existing fulfillment capabilities.
- Develop performance management framework to track KPIs and drive higher levels of forecast accuracy at lower levels of regional and assortment granularity.
- Engage and collaborate with Stake holders across GSCL and other teams to drive timely outcomes for the project.
- Develop a clear and concise story & problem statements with data to influence decision making with senior leadership teams.
- Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Bachelors/Masters in quantitative field such as Operations research, Data Science, Industrial Engineering and applied mathematics.
- Retail & Supply chain experience is a plus.
- Experience developing advanced optimization, Simulation and machine learning techniques.
- Experience in SQL, Big Data & one of the programming languages R and Python.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture