Sr. Product Data Analyst
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Be a part of a team as a Guest Data Platform Sr. Product Data Analyst working to set direction for the enterprise to maximize strategic value of our guest data, while simultaneously upholding rigorous standards for data privacy and ensuring compliance with current and future data privacy laws.
A Sr. Product Data Analyst will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. Business decisions could include, but are not limited to, product feature prioritization, data strategy, use case business impact assessment, and/or A/B test rollout decisions.
Sr. Product Data Analyst responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, profiling and design. Product Data analysts will develop analysis, ad-hoc, and operating reporting and dashboard capabilities. They will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements to guest data quality.
As a steward of guest data, a Sr. Product Data Analyst is accountable to engage with business owners, product owners, engineering, and architecture to create data definitions, data quality rules, and exception guidelines. Classify data based on Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) and other parameters that helps manage data as an enterprise asset.
- Interpret data, analyze results and provide ongoing reports, analysis, and/or dashboards that measure guest data health and product OKRs.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to inform GDP roadmap.
- Work with product management to inform use case prioritization by using data to make decisions on size, scope, and expected business impact of use case implementation.
- Locate and define new data process improvement opportunities.
- Set-up & measure results from A/B tests using enterprise testing tools.
- Responsible for understanding end-to-end guest data flows and identifying data dependencies in support of delivery, release, and change management.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of an enterprise data dictionary that is aligned to data assets and the business glossary for the definition and maintenance of guest data landscape including overlays with the technology landscape, end-to-end data flows/transformations and data lineage.
- Partners with the enterprise data governance team to ensure solutions adhere to the organization’s data principles and guidelines.
- Responsible for governing data access for all guest data assets within GDP.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Be a thought leader and contribute in driving data based decisions
- Coach and help deliverables are executed from juniors and new joiners
- 6 + years of proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and data integration techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting tools, database programming language (e.g. SQL, etc.). Experience with big data programming (e.g. spark, hive, python, etc.) nice to have
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Perform work with minimal or no guidance
- Mentors and coaches team members who are juniors to drive performance and deliverables
- Thinks critically about issues and proactively finds solutions
Plans the meetings and drives the engag
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture