Sr Product DesignerApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000173958
job family: User Experience & Interface
schedule: Full time
The Senior Product designer is responsible for building empathy for the Target Guest throughout the product development lifecycle for Target’s web, app and registry product teams and also working enterprise level tools supporting the internal operations through enabling effortless experiences. As a pivotal member the Target India’s UX team, this team member will support Product Designers, Product Managers and Engineering for a broad set of digital and in-store experiences.
You will be accountable for and lead the Design and Development Processes, which includes:
- Support the UX teams both in India and US with research requests that includes scoping initiatives, coordinating testing needs and synthesizing findings.
- Support product/project teams (product owners, designers, engineering) throughout the project life cycle – recommending appropriate methodology, scoping, and coordinating the entire process, facilitating in-field research and post-research synthesis through analysis.
- Conduct and synthesize qualitative research needed by the projects – including, but not limited to: in person moderated testing, remote moderated & unmoderated testing, surveys, heuristic reviews, benchmark studies, concept testing, online & in-store intercepts, ethnographies, shop-alongs.
- Assist the broader team in keeping our ongoing research library up-to-date and comprehensive.
- Build wireframes and interactive prototypes within the desired timelines of agile sprints
- Enable test and iterate approach for product development.
- Strong Wireframing and prototyping abilities
- Experience practicing UX design research for digital product teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to cross functional partners
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; comfortable speaking to a diverse group of people and leading conversations to discover research insights.
- A strong ability to tell compelling stories from data.
- Comfortable within ambiguity with the ability to prioritize; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects (both small and large) and adjust to changing priorities
- Strong project management skills – experience managing multiple projects at various stages in the project life cycle.
- Experience running, recruiting, moderating and analysis of online panels and thinking strategically about their application.
- Experience working as part of Agile teams
- Four-year degree in Design, Fine Art, or similar area, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8+ years of experience
- Experience in Lean UX Research methods, including remote moderated & unmoderated testing, online & in-context (store) intercepts.
- Demonstrated understanding of user testing methods & technologies.
- Computer design system skills including Adobe Tools, Sketch, InVision and similar
- Commercial sense, market knowledge, ability to research and apply market/trend information
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment and to respond to business objectives with creative, innovative, and cost-effective design solutions
- Knowledge of product development processes
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture