Sr Product Manager - Target IndiaApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000252877
job family: Technology Product Management
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely, and reliably from the inside out.
About the Team:
Product Teams at Target Corporation are accountable for the delivery of business outcomes enabled through technology and analytic products that are easy to use, easily maintained and highly reliable. Product teams have one shared backlog that is inclusive of all products, technology and design work.
You will work in the product model and will collaborate with your key stakeholders to develop a plan and business objectives (OKRs) for your respective product. You will need to build a strong knowledge of your product through product discovery to collect customer feedback and work to collect other relevant data points that explain the value and help you prioritize the direction and desired outcomes for your product. You will work in unison with engineers, UX designers, business partners to deliver.
You will be the “voice of the product” to all outside stakeholders advocating for your product and ensuring their needs are met and that the product team is getting the leadership and support that it needs to be successful. You will need to cultivate strong relationships across the enterprise in order to drive collaboration and alignment with key partners and stakeholders across pyramids.
As a Senior Product Manager for production engineering, you’ll be responsible for building products that enable the enterprise in areas of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Performance and Efficiency and Developer Experience, and take them to a whole new level. You will work with SRE, technology operations and engineering teams to build and optimize mission-critical applications, infrastructure, and processes that will ensure the highest level of reliability, performance and scalability of our products, platforms and services.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Defines product features according to product vision, roadmap, and strategy.
- Actively plans and prioritizes the product feature backlog according to business value and clearly articulates priorities for the product team. Working with the team balances the need to address technical debt and supports technical innovation in addition to adding product features
- Leads the planning of product releases and sets expectations for delivery of new features with stakeholders. Collaborates with stakeholders regarding the correction of defects.
- Writes high level epics, stories, sets the acceptance criteria and keeps an active backlog for engineering to execute upon.
- Actively participates in Agile ceremonies to provide immediate answers and direction to the team
- Coordinates with multiple parties (vendors, strategic partners, engineering managers, business partners, etc.) to meet the customer s priorities while being aware of the insights, needs and constraints of those stakeholders
- Interacts with competitive products and evaluates industry trends to set priorities and product plans aligned to industry norms
- Positions, articulates the value and evangelizes products within Target
- 4-year college degree (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of product management or equivalent domain experience
- Experience with technology and ability to facilitate communication between business and technology teams
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g. User stories, iterative development, scrum teams, sprints, personas)
- Proven ability to lead a body of work with cross functional partners
- Collaborating with customers to understand and anticipate their needs and translate them into product requirements
- Nurture ideas and solutions to existing customer problems
- Creating a product road map based on our product vision
- Work closely with the team throughout the development process
- Schedule and lead meetings to identify issues and fixes for projects
- Successful track record of developing products within deadlines
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture