Sr Specialist Compliance Privacy OperationsApply Now Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000268485
job family: Compliance
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
To match the signature style and passion of Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of experts. Whether specializing in law, government affairs, employee relations, risk, compliance, ethics, security or food safety, we use our expertise and influence to advocate for Target, support Target’s business and mitigate risk for the company. We work with both internal and external entities on key issues that affect Target’s ability to productively, ethically and securely conduct business. Through our understanding of Target’s business models and operations, we help facilitate Target’s growth, and provide guidance that leaders rely on to make appropriate, well-informed decisions. Simultaneously, we help protect the business by applying our comprehensive understanding of risk and the law on issues that impact our brand, guests, team members, stores, distribution centers and corporate locations.
Here, you’ll enjoy working autonomously with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business, collaborating with others and building relationships with senior leaders and key business partners that you support will be essential to tackling the ever-changing legal and risk-based challenges we face in a dynamic and fast-paced retail environment.
A role in Corporate Compliance and Ethics means providing support and managing key compliance areas for Target including stores, distribution centers and at headquarters. You will also be a part of helping Target maintain a positive work environment by coordinating efforts in its Ethics office.
As a Compliance Specialist you will manage areas of the Privacy and Records Management Compliance Programs to ensure Target remains in compliance with our privacy and records regulatory obligations. This position will manage personal health information (PHI) record requests and privacy rights personal information disclosure and deletion requests, as well as the underlying processes and tools.
- Manage and maintain PHI mailbox by fielding incoming requests and corresponding with law firms, regulators, and guests, facilitating records retrieval, organizing and preparing data for release, and invoicing the requestor for service.
- Manage and maintain Privacy.Request mailbox by fielding incoming requests, responding to guests and closing privacy requests wherever guests have responded not to delete their data.
- Participate in department projects to drive efficiencies and eliminate opportunity for manual error by researching and suggesting automation tools and technology.
- Support intakes for third party audits
- Other duties as assigned
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs
- Four year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1+ years of experience within Records Management, Privacy, Risk or other related Compliance functions, including specific exposure to privacy regulations (ie CCPA/ HIPAA) and public requests for information; previous retail operations experience and certification in healthcare records and information management preferred
- Ability to execute maintaining appropriate prioritization and ensuring adherence to deadlines
- Ability to apply discretion and sensitivity while working with confidential information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to adapt to change and navigate a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture