Sr Specialist Merch PayableApply Now Job ID: R0000068733 schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. Within Accounting, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you’ll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work. A role in Finance Ops calls on your skills for quality financial and inventory reporting and accurate financials and technical accounting while providing thoughtful and responsive support, expertise and guidance to business partners. Your role will be critical to ensuring the success of Target’s business initiatives and core retail operations.
As a Sr. Specialist, Merch Payables, you will be responsible for reconciling store/DC invoices for prompt and accurate payment. This individual will provide extraordinary customer service to vendors and merchants by researching, resolving, and negotiating disputes relating to deductions from invoice payments in a thorough and timely manner, while ensuring protection of company assets. Additionally, you will be responsible for:
- Invoice Reconciliation - Identifies opportunities to improve payment process. Maintains organized correspondence file of incoming, in research, and resolved disputes. Maintains working knowledge of distribution, inventory, purchase order, markdown, unit information, transportation and accounts payable systems.
- Vendor Relations - Provides extraordinary customer service to vendors and merchants by resolving disputes. Researches all items disputed relating to deduction for shortage, cost differences, markdown allowance reversals, return discrepancies, accounts payable violations, terms/discounts and other miscellaneous vendor issues to establish their validity. Coordinates research with the Merchants, Vendor Relations and Transportation to establish validity of deductions.
- Productive Partnerships - Proactive in developing productive partnerships with Merchandising, vendors and other areas of Target. Learns and understands the process and business of our customers.
- Process Improvement: Identifies invoice and purchase order issues which cause reoccurring processing problems and disputed deductions, including special focus on Individual Performance Vendors (IPV). Work with supervisor to challenge status quo to resolve these continuing problems. Contact the responsible parties to correct the issue, and follow up to ensure the correction was implemented.
- Facilitates Communication - Maintains an excellent level of verbal and written communication between vendors and other areas of Target. Initiates, coordinates and leads meetings between teams, Merchandising, vendors and/or other areas of Target.
- Team and A/P Accountability - Operates in a “team structured” environment assisting with training and sharing expertise and information. Works with other team members and takes responsibility for covering for any or all in your business group. Participates in developing, implementing and achieving objectives/goals with the Team Lead and Supervisor that are consistent with team, department and A/P.
- Special Projects - Coordinates and/or participates in special projects as directed by SME, Analyst or Manager.
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of previous accounting or accounts payable experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent negotiation, organizational and problem solving skills
- Experience with Word, Excel, Access knowledge
- Strong teamwork and conflict resolution skills
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture