Sr UX DesignerApply Now Job ID: R0000065000 schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
Senior User Experience Designer
The Senior UX designer is responsible for building empathy for the Target Guest throughout the product development lifecycle for Target’s web, app and registry product teams and also working enterprise level tools supporting the internal operations through enabling effortless experiences. As a pivotal member the Target India’s UX team, this team member will support Product Designers, Product Managers and Engineering for a broad set of digital and in-store experiences.
Research and Enterprise tools projects, in cooperation with product teams and additional researchers, span future-thinking discovery projects, lean UX research to support product team needs, and design validation testing to enable user empathy and understanding throughout our development lifecycle and constant optimization.
The UX designer will conduct research and translate research insights into powerful stories that help shape product design and development and garner leader’s support within the team. S(he) will be responsible to implement the user centered design process within the projects that they are part of. You utilize quantitative and qualitative research methods and know when to use one or the other.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. Take the lead as you…
- Support the UX teams both in India and US with research requests, from scoping initiatives, coordinating testing needs and synthesizing findings.
- Support product/project teams (product owners, designers, engineering) throughout the research project life cycle – recommending appropriate methodology, scoping, and coordinating the entire process, facilitating in-field research and post-research synthesis through analysis.
- Conduct and synthesize qualitative research projects – including, but not limited to: in person moderated testing, remote moderated & unmoderated testing, surveys, heuristic reviews, benchmark studies, concept testing, online & in-store intercepts, ethnographies, shop-alongs.
- Assist the broader team in keeping our ongoing research library up-to-date and comprehensive.
- Build wireframes and interactive prototypes within the desired timelines of agile sprints
- Enable test and iterate approach for product development.
- Experience practicing UX design research for digital product teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to cross functional partners
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; comfortable speaking to a diverse group of people and leading conversations to discover research insights.
- A strong ability to tell compelling stories from data.
- Comfortable within ambiguity with the ability to prioritize; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects (both small and large) and adjust to changing priorities
- Strong project management skills – experience managing multiple projects at various stages in the project life cycle.
- Experience running, recruiting, moderating and analysis of online panels and thinking strategically about their application.
- Experience working as part of Agile teams
- Wireframing and prototyping abilities
- Proficient in Powerpoint, Outlook, Word and other MS Office software.
- Certification in user centered design process
- Experience in Lean UX Research methods, including remote moderated & unmoderated testing, online & in-context (store) intercepts.
- Demonstrated understanding of user testing methods & technologies.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture