Supply Chain AnalystApply Now Job ID: R0000066545 schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
The Operations Intelligence team is looking for a self-starting, curious and results-oriented analyst/programmer who is interested in prototyping data products that will power Target’s future supply chain. The Analyst – Prototyping works with a broad, cross-functional team to build, test and iterate on solutions that provide insights to operations team within the Global Supply Chain Organization.
The Operations Intelligence Prototyping team is responsible for building high quality proof of concepts / minimum viable products with business teams throughout the Global Supply Chain organization. The team has a mix of business acumen and technical skills, allowing it to employ design thinking (and other problem solving methodologies) to determine the root cause of issues, and deliver solutions for testing quickly using the agile framework. The protoyping team also conducts trainings and open-labs to improve the data/analytics skills across the Global Supply Chain.
This role requires a person with excellent analytical / technical abilities, the desire and love of learning, and interest in Targets operations and logistics functions. We are looking for someone who has a deep commitment to collaboration and a proclivity to invent, interested in building cool stuff with great people. You should have some programming experience in an open source language (preferably R or Python), and a real interest to build and hone these skills – we are willing to teach. The candidate must be a self-starter and comfortable with ambiguity to work in our fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- Bachelors in Supply Chain, Business, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field or relevant experience in business analysist/data analyst/statistical analyst role
- Robust critical thinking skillset with knowledge of root cause identification techniques (6 sigma, design thinking, etc)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal / written) – Ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Strong understanding of statistical concepts and modeling
- Familiarity with an open source programming language (R or Python)
- Familiarity with SQL
- Expert Microsoft Excel
- 2+ years of experience in supply chain (distribution, logistics, planning etc)
- 2+ years writing scripts in R or Python
- 2+ years developing SQL queries
- Familiarity with HDFS/Hive
- Experience in designing and developing data products
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture