Technical ArtistApply Now Job ID: R0000063032 schedule: Full time Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
Drive innovation through creating and enhancing 3D visuals for products or categories utilizing virtual technology. Accountable for leveraging 3D technology to support internal Design and Technical Design teams to develop guest-centric product solutions in partnership with key internal partners, external companies, vendors and suppliers. Also responsible to advance our R&D efforts and build Targets reputation as a great place to work, learn, develop and advance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Create 3D garment images for various meetings and Design teams while collaborating with enterprise contacts to maximize sharing of 3D images. Work directly with technology support teams on special projects and enhancements. High level of knowledge of technologies and equipment associated with 3D apparel prototype creation.
- Use specialized computer hardware or electronic equipment.
- Use technical or specialized software as needed for job.
- Use standard office software (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Product Design & Development
Create 3D garment images for various meetings and Design teams while collaborating with enterprise contacts to maximize sharing of 3D images. Manage the building and maintenance of digital libraries and shaders for color palettes, fabric textures, trims. Facilitate communication with business partners and software vendors as needed. Coordinate/facilitate prototyping with outside vendors as needed. Act as subject matter expert for 3D visual software such as Optitex, 3DXcite.
High level of knowledge of all technologies/equipment associated with 3D prototype creation. Create image assets for various enterprise teams as needed to drive results for the organization.
- Create product packets for new merchandise.
- Create visually appealing designs for products or packaging, applying knowledge of aesthetic principles.
- Develop concepts for products, product lines, or product collections.
Project, Process, and Program Management
The 3D Technical Artist executes the 3D process and workflow as needed to ensure new innovations are incorporated while streamlining touch points and decision making. This role should lead research and education for the team on industry leading practices and equipment advances to ensure innovation in the development of product imagery. Effectively collaborate with key business partners to ensure image quality is maintained and product performance expectations are clearly defined and executed.
- Lead and support projects or programs from a strategic and execution-focused level, delegating sections in conjunction with Director strategy.
- Lead and support change management activities (e.g., develop plans for introducing, cascading, implementing, and managing change).
- Test new processes and systems to refine them prior to implementation.
- Lead projects through the entire development life cycle, from project definition to implementation.
- Use project management tools to track project plans, tasks, time, resources, availability, estimated hours, actual hours, and estimated hours to completion.
- Develop and manage project plans, timelines, budgets, and risks.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture