Cyber Security Analyst, Incident Response
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As a Cyber Security Analyst, you’ll take the lead as you detect and assess cyber security events and incidents across the Target environment. In this role, you will collaborate and utilize problem solving skills as you work among a team of skilled analysts to address complex or difficult problems within a 24x7 Cyber Fusion Center (CFC) environment. You will implement new processes and procedures as identified by the Cyber Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) and the CFC Leadership to ensure continuous improvements to monitor, detect and mitigation capabilities. You will use your expertise to monitor SIEM and logging environments for security events and alerts to potential (or active) threats, intrusions, and/or compromises. You will work to understand the global threat landscape by working with Target Cyber Threat Intel team to maintain awareness. You will assist with triaging service requests from customers and internal teams and will escalate cyber security events according to Target’s Cyber Security Incident Response Plan. Additionally you will assist with containment of threats and remediation of environment during or after an incident. You’ll act as a participant during Cyber Hunt activities at the direction of one or more Target Incident Handlers. You will leverage your reporting expertise and document event analysis and will write comprehensive reports of incident investigations.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in a Security Operations Centers or Cyber Security Incident Response Teams in lieu of education requirement
- Security certification (e.g. Security+, GCIA, GCIH, CISSP)
- Experience managing cases with enterprise SIEM or Incident Management systems
- Experience supporting network and host investigations
- Ability to demonstrate analytical expertise, close attention to detail, excellent critical thinking, logic, and adaptive learning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Thorough understanding of fundamental security and network concepts (Operating systems, intrusion/detection, TCP/IP, ports, etc.)
- Willing to work in a team-oriented environment
- Experience with host and network based security tools preferred
- Experience with network monitoring in a SOC environment preferred
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture