Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
Are you thinking of starting a career in cybersecurity but don't know where to begin? Do you enjoy reading about the latest threats and trends affecting the cyber security community? Come join Target's Cyber Threat Intelligence team! The Tactical Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst role supports Target's mission to understand the phishing landscape, disseminate information, and attempt to stay one step ahead of our adversaries. We are seeking someone to join our team to specifically handle the growing trend of email related threats. Roughly 90% of breaches are the result of a single phishing email. Our team performs in-depth analysis of the phishing threat landscape, resulting in actionable intelligence and detection opportunities. The Analyst will aid in the development, understanding, and detection of current and future phishing threats. A successful candidate will learn how to generate actionable intelligence by analyzing indicators of compromise (IOCs) and providing context into key threats, as well as formulating new analytic techniques and working across teams to drive collection and detection capabilities. You will play an important role in the organization by being on the front lines in order to gather intelligence and investigate threats.
Don't think you have what it takes to join our team? No worries, our team is a learning environment and we welcome anyone with an interest to apply.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in a Security Operations Centers or Cyber Security Incident Response Teams in lieu of education requirement
- Security certification (e.g. Security+, GCIA, GCIH, CISSP)
- Experience managing cases with enterprise SIEM or Incident Management systems
- Experience supporting network and host investigations
- Ability to demonstrate analytical expertise, close attention to detail, excellent critical thinking, logic, and adaptive learning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Thorough understanding of fundamental security and network concepts (Operating systems, intrusion/detection, TCP/IP, ports, etc.)
- Willing to work in a team-oriented environment
- Experience with host and network based security tools preferred
- Experience with network monitoring in a SOC environment preferred
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture