Director External Financial Reporting(Remote Or Hybrid)Apply Now Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445; job id: R0000265652
job family: Accounting
schedule: Full time
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. Within Finance, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you’ll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
A role in the External Financial Reporting calls on your skills for quality financial reporting, accurate financials and technical accounting while providing thoughtful and responsive support, expertise and guidance to business partners. Your role will be critical to ensuring the success of Target’s business initiatives and omnichannel retail operations.
As Director of External Financial Reporting, you will manage the preparation and review of 10-Qs and the 10-K, ensuring relevant business, competitor, and accounting requirement updates are considered and work closely with senior leadership and various business partners (including Investor Relations, Legal, and Treasury). You will also review quarterly investor relations materials to ensure accuracy and consistency with quarterly filings. Other responsibilities include reviewing new and proposed U.S. GAAP and SEC standards and managing the implementation of significant new accounting guidance. As Target’s business evolves, you will also provide technical accounting and operational advice for transactions, acquisitions, new business initiatives, and other projects to ensure optimal business decisions are made and financial objectives are achieved with conclusions to be communicated with leadership and business partners across the company.
In this role, you will also oversee the operational and technical accounting for Stock-based Compensation, Benefits, and Treasury partnering closely with the business teams to evaluate new transactions and ensure timely and accurate accounting. You will also have the opportunity to lead and develop high-performing team members by goal-setting, establishing clear roles and responsibilities, and executing development plans. You will also be responsible for strategically evaluating the team vision and goals
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
• 10+ years experience, public accounting experience preferred
• Strong technical accounting skills, including knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting
• Strong digital acumen as it relates to financial reporting technologies and process automation
• Experience leading and developing high-performing teams
• Proven ability to lead cross-functional efforts, as well as the ability to quickly establish credibility with senior leadership
• Strong skills in verbal and written communication, leadership, interpersonal skills, along with proven decision making and analytical skills
• CPA preferredThis position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. The salary range is :$119,500.00 USD - $215,100.00 USD. Pay is based on several factors which may include, but are not limited to education, work experience, certifications, labor markets, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture