Director Guest RelationsApply Now Job ID: R0000077981 job family: Guest & Team Member Contact Centers schedule: Full time Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
The Financial and Retail Services (FRS) organization is close to the action when it comes to communication—whether with guests or Target team members. From guest service professionals and product designers, to vendor managers and financial and workforce management analysts, FRS comprises several key and high-visibility areas that elevate and nurture Target’s distinctive reputation. We cultivate loyalty and satisfaction through exceptional service and support. And we foster a culture of responsive, knowledgeable and committed service—from the inside out—through enterprise services our people can count on.
FRS includes several contact centers focused on the quick and seamless resolution of a variety of issues. From REDcard® Guest Services to the Client Support Center (CSC), we pride ourselves on infusing every interaction with that signature Target service that guests and team members alike have come to expect. We directly support Target’s bottom line through building guest loyalty as the retailer of choice and taking care of our team members so that they can get back to the work they do best, from headquarters to stores to distribution centers.
As a Director, Retail Guest Relations your team will provide service center support for guest issues related to our retail business experiences and services. You will be responsible for working with your Senior Director to determine the work placement strategy for your team and ensuring that it is in alignment to the broader Retail Services teams. You will be part of a Retail Services team that supports ~12Million guest contacts annually through multiple channels, and will have a dynamic working relationship with your leaders and 3-4 peers who collectively are responsible for all Retail Guest Servicing, Operations and Support.
As a Director, Retail Guest Relations, you will use your service center operations knowledge, consumer affairs, retail experience, strong communication skills, and team development as you:
- Lead an internal team of ~300 and provide strategic leadership/direction to partners off or near-shore for up to 500 contact center representatives and deliver on an operating budget in excess of $10MM
- Responsible for the development of 4-8 leaders, with teams of 12-15 to effectively service guest contacts related to our retail business – specifically ones that involve significant reputation or corporation issues that require strong partnerships with teams across Target.
- Lead Managers and Sr. Managers of teams that handle a variety of retail contacts and reputational experience issues that require tight alignment with corporate communications, merchants, supply chain, and marketing.
- Make critical decisions to determine servicing locations (on, off or near-shore) by leveraging industry trends, data, and through partnerships peers and various support services teams.
- Be responsible for designing and leading enterprise program service support for highly elevated, escalated or risky topics and channels. For example, centralized executive response (for all retail service centers), social media, equity of service response, product safety and quality contact, research and response
- In addition to your focus on delivering operational efficiencies you will also be partnering with leaders across Target to drive key initiatives like loyalty programs and enterprise reputational responses, while providing strong service, guest/team member satisfaction and expense results.
- Provide leadership and set strategy that delivers on vision of investing in team and providing service with heart! Creating welcoming, inspiring, rewarding, moments for guests while solving problems and driving strong guest and team satisfaction.
- Responsible for the development of business strategies that support pro-active service innovation and operations management with both our employee and outsourcer community.
- Will use knowledge of guest contacts and trends to influence and drive change across all of Target Corporation by working closely with Community Relations, Legal, Government Affairs, Merchandising and store partners.
- Provide outstanding leadership, adoption of best practices while building service commitment that translates into a great experience for our guests and shareholders.
- BA/BS degree in business or a related field or 10 years of equivalent work experience.
- Proven track record in leading teams of various sizes
- Ability to build strong partnerships and strategically influence others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong financial aptitude and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience working effectively with senior leadership levels
- Ability to translate business needs or changes into specific plans for implementation, data collection and overall planning
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture