Director Internal Audit(Remote Or Hybrid)Apply Now Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445; job id: R0000261685
job family: Audit
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Internal Audit is transforming for the better. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. Within Internal Audit, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and have a 360-degree impact. Your contributions come to life in many areas of this dynamic Enterprise, and you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
Internal Audit instills confidence through independent assurance and risk insights to and collaborates with business owners across the enterprise. You’ll use professional judgment, analytics, agile concepts and other innovations daily. You’ll understand, assess the effectiveness of and help improve risk management capabilities (e.g., processes and controls) for Target’s strategic, business, financial and compliance objectives.
As a Director for Internal Audit, you are responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership to the Internal Audit team and in support of Internal Audit and Target objectives.You will be responsible for audit plan execution as well as development and prioritization for specific risks and activities through understanding of Target’s strategic, business and compliance objectives as well as current and emerging internal and external risks.You’ll be able to leverage your knowledge of risk management capabilities, including identifying and assessing risks and internal controls and utilize your subject matter expertise within the audit and business function to provide risk insights and assurance that support business objectives.In addition, your curiosity and courage will enable you to drive innovation in how we work to provide greater value to the Enterprise.
Managing Internal Audit activities requires thinking critically, leading audit teams with a digital mindset and a high level of initiative, providing clear direction and coaching to hold others accountable, managing projects effectively, communicating with global peers, business owners, and developing and maintaining strong business relationships.
You’ll foster your personal development by remaining current with industry trends and emerging risks
and gaining unique experiences supporting a meaningful career. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- B.A/B.S degree + relevant professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CIA, CISA)
- 10+ years of audit, risk or related business/retail experience
- Subject matter expertise in auditing and enterprise risk management concepts (e.g., risk assessment/prioritization, process & internal controls, root cause analysis)
- Demonstrated strong professional judgment, critical thinking and written/oral communication skills (e.g., persuasion, influence, conflict resolution)
- Experienced in leading teams leveraging data and analytical tools to solve business problems and in the audit lifecycle (e.g., audit plan development, risk assessment, engagement execution, reporting, findings management)
- Experienced in leading, coaching and developing team members
- Demonstrated ability to drive a clear vision for the team & manage and coordinate work across global teams
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture