Director of Cybersecurity - CSIRT (Full-Time Remote or Hybrid)Apply Now Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445; job id: R0000216228
job family: Cybersecurity
schedule: Full time
JOIN TARGET AS A DIRECTOR OF CYBERSECURITY - CSIRT
Full-Time Remote or Hybrid
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely, and reliably from the inside out.
As a Director on CSIRT, you will be the technical leader of a team of incident response analysts who assess information security events and incidents from across the Target environment within a 24x7 Cyber Fusion Center. You will collaborate with peer CSIRT leaders on improving processes and tooling to ensure that CSIRT skills and capabilities continue to develop and constantly adapt to the ever-changing threat landscape. You will stay connected with your team’s day-to-day activities, providing technical coaching and assist in reviewing completed cases and providing relevant feedback. You will leverage your cyber security and leadership experience for high-severity incidents, directing CSIRT to contain threats in an effective and timely manner while providing senior leaders with regular updates. You will collaborate with partners across Target Tech on visibility, detection and prevention controls and be comfortable in a highly cross-functional environment where specialty cyber teams come together to solve complex problems. You will promote an inclusive team culture and attract and develop a diverse group of incident response analysts that cares, grows and wins together.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- 3+ years of building and leading high performing cybersecurity teams with direct reports
- Cyber security certification (e.g. GIAC, Offensive security, ISC2)
- Deep understanding of and experience with monitoring and detection, incident response, artifact collection and analysis, cloud environments and attacker mindset
- Ability to think strategically and consistently move teams toward roadmap goals
- Ability to lead effectively during a high-severity security incident
- Lifelong learner passionate about continuous improvement and developing both your and your team’s skills and capabilities
- An understanding of and experience with any combination of digital forensics, reverse engineering, threat intelligence, threat hunting and SOAR
- Experience with various operating systems and host-based security controls
- Experience with network-based security controls, network infrastructure and protocols
- Experience working in a Cyber Fusion Center with highly collaborative, cross-functional teams
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team memberscore role will be a blend of virtual andonsite at a Target location.A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s notaTarget location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times ayear.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $137,500 to $247,500 annually.Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Findcompetitive benefitsfrom financial and education to well-being and beyond.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture