Food and Beverage Coordinator -- Minneapolis South MetroApply Now Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445-5301; job id: R0000284370
job family: Store Process & Operations
schedule: Full time
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy of everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. As a Food & Beverage Coordinator you will drive food and beverage execution and build expertise in stores. In assigned stores, you will leverage market expertise, creativity, resourcefulness and a localized approach to increase overall guest experience, profitable sales, and operational efficiency.
ALL ABOUT FOOD AND BEVERAGE
You support all aspects of a profitable food and beverage business that has one purpose: to help all families discover the joy of everyday life.
You utilize your industry knowledge to influence store leaders to execute food and beverage strategies and processes in store.
You develop experts to become connoisseurs of their area and support and train teams to consistently deliver sales growth through a clean, safe and rewarding shopping experience.
You advance our reputation in food by providing market level expertise to execute and amplify key seasons, holidays, and events.
At Target we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of a Food & Beverage Coordinator can provide you with the:
- Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building a guest-centric culture in food and beverage areas
- Knowledge of food and beverage business fundamentals: department sales trends, freshness and quality, inventory management, guest shopping patterns, pricing and promotions strategies
- Knowledge of the competition; leveraging guest insights to influence store leadership and food teams to drive business initiatives
- Experience influencing in-store food and beverage departments quarterly workload to support business priorities and deliver on sales goals
- Ability to assess daily business performance and provide store leaders guidance to drive efficiencies in food and beverage departments through in-store walks
As a Food & Beverage Coordinator, you are responsible for the daily business performance of your respective area in your market. These responsibilities include:
Drive your business to grow sales
- Execute food operations strategy in assigned stores.
- Partner with field and store leadership, Store Operations, Merchandising, and other stakeholder groups to champion projects to grow profitable food sale
- Evaluate, educate, and improve on store conditions, guest experience, operational efficiency, waste reduction, and profitable sales.
- Leverage reporting to evaluate performance in sales, markdowns, inventory productivity, food safety, and other measures.
- Maintain industry knowledge and market trends by benchmarking competitor pricing, promotions, merchandising practices, and processes.
- Utilize innovation, critical thinking, communication, and store partnership to understand and influence food and beverage strategy and process evolution.
- Represent stores and food operations in food localization, including new items, holiday merchandising, and competitor merchandising benchmarking.
Cultivate a guest-centric salesforce to drive sales and efficiency
- Drive execution through detailed training and education of store leadership teams and food and beverage experts, including: ordering and managing inventory and supplies, merchandising, freshness, food safety, sampling, and other store controlled processes.
- Drive guest service and profitable sales by assisting stores with guest-centric scheduling and training.
- Drive and deliver a fresh and safe experience through reinforcing food safety processes, training teams to integrate food safety, product rotation, cleaning and sanitation, and freshness into everyday processes.
- Partner with Stores and DSD Vendors to drive DSD sales through on-shelf availability and operational efficiency.
- Maintain compliance with policies and procedures defined by all regulatory agencies.
- Challenge teams to develop staffing and contingency plans that ensure coverage and maintain production and service capabilities. • Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance. Lead team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment.
- All other duties based on business needs.
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Food & Beverage Coordinator. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years preferred food and beverage experience
- Proven execution skills and ability to drive change
- Operate in an ambiguous and rapidly changing work environment
- Quickly adapt to changing priorities and tasks
- Project and process management/ownership experience
- Work in high intensity situations with composure and ease
- Solution-based mindset with desire to uncover business gaps and solve problems
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Build strong working relationships with key partners
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
- Experience supporting stores/field organization
- Training experience
- Supervisory experience
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
already started an application?log in to continue
still have some questions?check out the careers FAQ
curious about our benefits?explore how we care
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture