Lead Automation Integration Engineer - Development Operations (Full-Time Remote or Hybrid)Apply Now Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445; job id: R0000212062
job family: Technical Architecture
schedule: Full time
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at a rapid pace. We are constantly reimagining how to get the right product to the guest better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are operating smarter, better utilizing our resources and leveraging data driven decisions to deliver the convenience and service levels our guest demands. We are driven to win in this competitive, rapidly changing business by providing a differentiated and frictionless guest experience. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we rapidly develop and deploy new approaches and processes that improve existing, and enable new capabilities. We are looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, practical and comfortable with ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver, who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, and can build and execute effective plans to address? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
In this role, as part of the Product team, the Lead Automation Integration Engineer will be instrumental in the design and development of the next generation material flow strategies for Target.
This individual must have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams.
This role will lead the successful deployment, launch and effectiveness of complex automation supply chain technologies and processes at scale. These solutions will involve many types of automation including robotics, sortation and conveyance, controls integration, vision systems, and process development and optimization.
A Lead Engineer will lead the team to evaluate new technologies and participate in decision-making, accounting for several factors including viability within Target’s technical environment, maintainability, and cost of ownership.
Target is looking for an individual that is a self-starter who can work independently and provide a level of creative and innovative thinking that is essential to the supply chain design solutions.
The position requires software and integration skills to lead strategy and implementation of automation integration and interfaces, user interface deliverables and material handling middleware capabilities..
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
What you will do:
- Own Automation Integration related servers including builds, patching and automation of processes necessary for long term sustainability.
- Identify opportunities for new or enhanced automation to drive efficiencies.
- Drive the maintenance and expansion of existing automations and related processes.
- Initiate and execute research and proof-of-concept activities for new technologies.
- Identify and drive architectural changes to accelerate feature development or improve the quality of service (or both).
- Perform concept development, engineering design, prototype testing, and collaboration with 3rd parties and internal teams on controls solution system build and integration testing.
- Support advanced trouble-shooting and improvement of existing supply chain solution.
- Ensure foundational programming principles in developing code (best practices, writes unit tests, code organization, basics of CI/CD etc.) are followed in developing the team’s products/models.
- Adopt Target's infrastructural platforms and operationalize tools and systems around them.
- Follow agile methodology for software development and technical documentation and lead DevOps for the team.
- Establish new standards and best practices to monitor, test, automate, and maintain IT components or systems.
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 4+ years of experience in deploying Linux and ideally, Windows based servers into production environments.
- Experience in server automation, building and maintaining CI/CD pipeline including tools such as Chef and Ansible.
- Experience in container orchestration and associated tooling (e.g. K8s, helm, terraform, etc.).
- Experience with Operating Systems, deployment, and image solutions (Linux is preferred, Windows is a plus).
- Experience with installing and supporting Kafka, Kubernetes and Firewalls.
- Experience with Network, Data Center capabilities and infrastructure.
- Experience with user authentication tools and protocols (Active Directory, OAuth, SAML, LDAP).
- Deep understanding of Compute hardware component technologies and industry roadmaps.
- Deep understanding of Infrastructure concepts (web-based protocols and security, load balancing, high availability) and related technologies.
- Experience querying large databases with SQL, and NOSQL databases.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time with a moderate degree of variation and uncertainty.
- Ability to travel 25% to interact with internal and external business and technical partners.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $118,200 - $212,800. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture