Lead Engineer - Linked IntelligenceApply Now Job ID: R0000044923 schedule: Full time Location: 7000 Target Parkway North, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As a lead engineer, you serve as the technical anchor for the engineering team that supports a product. You create, own and are responsible for the application architecture that best serves the product in its functional and non-functional needs. You identify and drive architectural changes to accelerate feature development or improve the quality of service (or both). You have deep and broad engineering skills and are capable of standing up an architecture in its whole on your own, but you choose to influence a wider team by acting as a “force multiplier”. Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
As a Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for technical design and development of near-real-time data streaming ingest applications and integrations. If you are a software developer with a passion for data, cutting-edge technology, and enterprise level solutions, this opportunity is for you! Development efforts will include applications to collect, aggregate, and visualize data to accurately depict the inventory of, and dependencies between, Target's technology inventory. Data will come from multiple sources using multiple methods, including SQL queries, API calls, and Kafka topics. You'll also be responsible for exposing our aggregated data as a service for others to consume (API & Kafka). In this role, you will establish partnerships with key platform service providers ("X as a Service" teams) to ensure alignment and accuracy of information.
About the role:
• Apply your skills, experience, and talents to groundbreaking thinking to achieve truly visionary goals.
• Build and maintain a data platform that can answer the Operations, Security, and Technology ownership questions of Target's technology inventory.
• Employ test driven development and continuous integration practices to develop software and systems.
• Contribute to discussions with other engineers and partners to drive solutions that improve technology and data availability
• Follow industry standard agile software design methodology for development and technical documentation
• Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge Desired candidate traits:
• Excellent problem solving and partnership skills
• Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements
• Team attitude, including an eagerness to share learnings for the betterment of peers
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Desired engineering experience:
• Strong experience with data stream processing, aggregation, normalization, and storage
• Strong knowledge and experience with SQL and NoSQL (GraphDB, Mongo, Hadoop) databases
• Experience with API development (Java or GoLang preferred)
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines and containers (GitHub, Drone, Docker, Kubernetes, Spinnaker)
• BA/BS or equivalent experience
• 7+ years total work experience
• Has knowledge of state-of-the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
• Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
• Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture