Lead Engineer - Performance Engineering - Software DevelopmentApply Now Job ID: R0000137534 job family: Technology Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445;
The Performance Engineering Team develops innovative ways to enable operational visibility into how applications and infrastructure are performing together. We are looking for highly motivated engineering professionals who can help connect the dots of end to end performance enabling our product teams the insight and recommendations to maximize cross environmental performance. You’ll put your skills, experience and passion to work in an entrepreneurial environment where success is rewarded. Individuals in this role will have opportunities to gain a large breadth of knowledge by working with experts in core infrastructure services and product development and share their knowledge with a tech hungry team.
About This Opportunity
As a lead engineer in Performance Engineering, we want a software engineer who is motivated by solving problems which oftentimes have not been solved anywhere with open source or vendor solutions….existing solutions are often not the right ones for us. You have deep and broad engineering skills and are capable of standing up an architecture in its whole on your own, but you choose to influence a wider team by acting as a “force multiplier”. You have excellent problem-solving skills. You love keeping abreast of the latest industry trends and use them to help you innovate. You have leadership qualities, good judgment and clear communication skills. If you’re excited to work on a fast-moving, tightly knit team and build solutions to unsolved problems, we want to meet you.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
Within Performance Engineering you’ll have the opportunity to:
• Design, implement and support tools aimed at defining key performance criteria
• Set framework and direction for our API and tool development
• Design and implement APIs and microservices that enable scalability of our offerings
• Design and implement APIs and libraries that make it super simple for customers to consume our offerings
• Design and implement monitors and dashboards for Performance Engineering
• Design and implement a Performance product that works seamlessly across cloud, on premise, and distributed environments
• Coach product teams on how to apply or leverage Performance offerings supporting their product so that they gain operational visibility to the health and performance of their product.
• Evangelize an Agile mindset within Target
• Continuously improve
• BA/BS or equivalent experience
• 5+ years total work experience
• Has in-depth knowledge of state-of-the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
• Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
• Stays current with new and evolving technologies
• Experience building and deploying scalable APIs and microservices
• Experience with one or more scripting languages (Bash, Python, Ruby, Go, Java, etc)
• Version control experience, preferably with Git
• Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements
• Experience with Linux or Unix operating systems including Unix shell and scripting
• Extensive experience working in an agile environment
• Experience developing performance metrics within an application
• Previous contributions to open source projects
• Experience integrating automated performance tests and monitoring solutions with a continuous integration and continuous deployment pipeline
Some technologies which are critical to the work we do:
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture