Lead Engineer, Security Testing Services - Grace Hopper ConferenceApply Now Job ID: R0000095972 job family: Technology Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 7000 Target Parkway North, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445;
Lead Engineer, Security Testing Services- Grace Hopper Conference
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
We value diversity. We believe that diversity and inclusion is of core importance when try to create positive in-store experiences for our guests, and we think it is also critically important when building our teams. Read more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Target’s world-class information security team focuses on protecting Guest and Team member data. The core role of Security Testing Services is to provide Penetration Testing and Application Security Testing services to Target's product teams. The Penetration Testing Team is responsible for the automated and manual analysis of systems and applications in an effort to identify security flaws. The team proactively finds security vulnerabilities and strengthens security offerings using coordinated simulated attacks against Target-owned systems and resources using pre-defined and approved methodology.
As a lead engineer on the Security Testing Services team, you serve as both a technical anchor and a subject matter expert. You will work with multiple teams to help determine which applications and processes should be tested, and how we will test those products/processes. You will be completing penetration testing within Target's vast technology environment. As a Lead Engineer, you’ll take the lead as you will use your technology acumen to apply and maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies within specialized area(s) of the technology domain. Evaluate new technologies and participates in risk decisions to help drive security within the business. Stay current with Target’s technical capabilities, infrastructure, and technical environment.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 5+ years experience in information security roles, with 3+ years in a penetration testing role
- Potential Certifications could include: AWAE, CISSP, GPEN, Masters of Information Security, OSCP, OSCE, GXPN
- Experience with creating test plans, scoping a multi-system/process test, and obtaining customer input
- Demonstrates broad and deep expertise in penetration testing, including the use of common tools such as nmap, BurpSuite, Nessus, and can run custom scripts
- Experienced with independently penetration testing web applications, infrastructure, APIs, mobile devices, hardware, IoT, and Industrial Control Systems
- Knowledge of how to read and create code, preferred languages include python, java, C++, and Golang
- Communicates and coordinates with product team, partners, and stakeholders
- Maintains deep technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Highly skilled with applying and implementing security concepts such as identifying vulnerabilities in software, creating logic to detect malicious behavior, and analyzing network or host artifacts
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Promotes a learning culture through mentoring and coaching
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture