Lead Engineer – Security Tooling DevelopmentApply Now Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445; job id: R0000210788
job family: Product Engineering
schedule: Full time
JOIN TARGET CYBERSECURITY AS A LEAD ENGINEER - SECURITY TOOLING DEVELOPMENT
Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and one of America’s leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation – and right now, we are up to big things.
About This Opportunity in Target’s Cyber Fusion Center (CFC)
The Cyber Fusion Center is the heart of Target’s security team and a place where innovation happens daily. Interested in a culture that combines invention and creative freedom, ongoing learning, engineering excellence, and stellar outcomes? We are too – that’s why we work here! Join our team to take new application security solutions from concept to release, collaborating with developers and security engineers to innovate on helping defend Target’s network using cutting-edge technologies.
We are looking for a highly skilled and self-motivated engineer to lead greenfield development of a Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP) to provide Target's Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) team with a custom workflow solution. You will be creating the tooling to enable CTI to visualize and navigate the constantly shifting threat landscape, and to distill relevant intelligence to create active detections within Target's Cyber Defense. You will work closely with end users to create innovative solutions that bridge the gap between cybersecurity intelligence and cyber threat detection. Security knowledge would be helpful, but not required.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production
- Strong problem solving and thought partnership skills
- Demonstrated sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements
- Expertise in Frontend and Backend development
- Expertise in one of the following frontend frameworks: Angular, Vue, React
- Familiarity with cloud native development: Docker, Container Orchestration
Additional Features About You
- Development expertise in Python, Typescript, GoLang, SQL, Flask, Vue
- Expertise in Unix/Linux administration, Kubernetes or Docker Swarm
- Expertise in ElasticSearch, Redis, Kafka
- Expertise in Database administration: Postgres
- Expertise in implementing DevOps pipelines
*This role is scheduled for a "hybrid" work environment. "Hybrid" for this role is a combination of remote work and onsite work. Onsite work will be located at our Target corporate offices located in Brooklyn Park, MN. Onsite requirement will be approximately one day per month.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture