Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
The Financial and Retail Services (FRS) organization is close to the action when it comes to communication—whether with guests or Target team members. From guest service professionals and product designers, to vendor managers and financial and workforce management analysts, FRS comprises several key and high-visibility areas that elevate and nurture Target’s distinctive reputation. We cultivate loyalty and satisfaction through exceptional service and support. And we foster a culture of responsive, knowledgeable and committed service—from the inside out—through enterprise services our people can count on.
FRS includes several contact centers focused on the quick and seamless resolution of a variety of issues. From REDcard® Guest Services to the Client Support Center, we pride ourselves on infusing every interaction with that signature Target service that guests and team members alike have come to expect. We directly support Target’s bottom line through building guest loyalty as the retailer of choice and taking care of our team members so that they can get back to the work they do best, from headquarters to stores to distribution centers.
Guest-facing contact centers that directly impact Target’s profit and growth while fostering an exceptional guest experience and our strong reputation include: Collections (Loss Prevention, Recovery Operations and Collection Strategy), REDcard® Guest Services (Guest Contact, Fulfillment and Legal & Executive Support), Guest Relations, which engages with guests via all communication channels to strengthen loyalty and drive sales and Target.com Guest Services, which handles all guest inquiries and comments relating to Target.com orders and site issues.
Team member-facing contact centers include the Client Support Center (CSC) for companywide level-one technical support, Facilities Management Operations Center (FMOC) which acts as the property management hub for our store locations, and the Transportation Command Center, Delivery Services (TCC DS), which provides round-the-clock resolution of logistical issues, and Travel Services, which manages all travel and expense-related work for the enterprise.
As a Manager TMRS, you will be leveraged across all service centers including Target.com Guest Services, Guest Relations, Transportation Command Center, Facilities Management, and Client Support Center to fill in for leaders on longer term leaves of absences or in case of extended unfilled leader openings. You will continually change assignments based on the needs of the business. You will have a direct reporting relationship to a Director but have dotted lines to the host team’s leader for day to day direction. This role will provide critical leadership support within TMRS service centers to ensure business continuity. This is an exciting opportunity for a leader to expand their knowledge base, hone business acumen and further develop their leadership skills.
For each team you support, you will provide operational leadership and support for approximately 10-18 service center team members who receive guest, team member, or vendor contacts across a variety of contact channels including phone, email, chat, and social media. You will also be responsible for leading, motivating, and developing others; working in a fast-paced service environment, and creating a culture that delivers a great experience for your team members and guests with every interaction. You have a track record of driving business results through leadership and have demonstrated your ability to drive all aspects of team performance. You leverage strong analytical skills to assess information or data to drive team performance or recommend process improvements that adapt to changing business needs.
Core responsibilities are described within this Job Description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• Four-year degree or equivalent experience
• 18+ months of leadership experience in a service oriented, operational and/or contact center environment
• 1 + years leadership experience within TMRS
• Ability to flex schedule to meet the demands of a 7 day a week operation, including evenings, weekends, and holidays. You will work the shift of the leader you are filling in for including potentially supporting home based teams or teams in Tempe. Tempe teams will be supported virtually while you are in Minneapolis.
• Ability to quickly integrate into different functional areas by learning unique processes, technology tools, and team dynamics.
• Able to demonstrate a high level of initiative, organize your time, and are committed to delivering strong results.
• Proven ability to effectively develop, manage, and motivate people within a fast-paced and production-oriented work environment
• Ability to quickly establish trust with team members, peers and leaders in host assignment locations.
• Strong communication skills, with proven ability to effectively partner with various levels, leaders and teams
• Ability to leverage onboarding notes and documents from Leader on leave as well as create and maintain “re-boarding” documents to provide a seamless return of the leader.
• High technical aptitude with proficiency in PC/Microsoft Office and experience with service center technologies
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture