Payroll Process AnalystApply Now Job ID: R0000095970 job family: Payroll schedule: Full time Location: 7000 Target Parkway North, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You’ll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. Within Accounting, you’ll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you’ll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You’ll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you’ll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work. A role in Accounting calls on your skills for quality financial reporting and technical accounting while providing thoughtful and responsive support, expertise and guidance to business partners. Your role will be critical to ensuring the success of Target’s business initiatives and core retail operations. Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
You will develop strong internal and external relationships in order to influence partners and provide client support to teams across the company. You will use data analytics to identify areas of opportunity for process enhancement and innovate to develop and implement solutions that generate more effective and efficient processes. You will demonstrate excellent customer service skills in supporting the Company’s team members and must possess strong written and verbal communication skills. You will support the determination of requirements for enhancements to payroll systems, and be responsible for verifying and supporting confirmation that the changes implemented meet the requirements delivered to the technology team. You will drive and support documentation of system functions and capabilities and Payroll business processes. You will maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of legal regulations for topics impacting Payroll, provide tools to share this information with the team, and develop and implement new processes required to maintain continued compliance. You will be responsible for some payroll weekly and month-end tasks and GL tie outs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent acceptable experience
- Accounting experience
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in Payroll or Accounting or Human Resources specific to Payroll
- Ability to work independently with high level of initiative
- Ability to take ownership of projects through execution
- Demonstrates continuous learning
- Ability to identify potential problems, solutions and opportunities for improvement
- Ability to set challenging but realistic goals for self
- Ability to effectively prioritize work for self
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and in groups
- Able to understand and support the vision of team
- Is flexible with behaviors and actions in different situations
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) Certification
- Previous experience working in a payroll, operational or customer service team
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office suite of applications, Workday, Recon NET, Imaging, SAP, ADP
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture