Principal Pay & BenefitsApply Now Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445; job id: R0000185648
job family: Compensation & Benefits
schedule: Full time
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Target Human Resources is well known for its signature ability to build the very best teams, and we infuse our work with Target’s distinctive retail brand by continuously experimenting, evolving and innovating. With the chance to positively impact nearly 350,000 people worldwide in our stores, distribution centers and headquarters, you’ll be a strategic partner to the both the leaders and team members who elevate and nurture the Target guest experience. Our dynamic, passionate and responsive team comprises specialized people-professionals from several diverse disciplines. We operate behind the scenes to create a progressive culture of value, respect, reward and professional advancement.
As Principal, Pay & Benefits, you will play a critical role in shaping the way the pay & benefits team supports the enterprise and team member populations. Whether developing strategies or creating tools, resources or routines to bring those strategies to life, you will be key partner in delivering on goals and the HR priorities. You will assess interdependencies and collision points and recommend sequencing of work to accelerate progress. Some of the core responsibilities are:
- Acts as ‘Chief of Staff’ to the SVP Pay & Benefits - builds HR operating cadence, leads the planning for and running of weekly staff meetings, and facilitates quarterly P&B leadership off-sites
- Facilitates the process, discussions/creation with SVP HR to build and communicate annual strategy refresh/setting of 3 year goals
- Plays a critical role in pulling together the quarterly HRLT/QBR content in partnership with SVP
- Leverages connection points with SVP and leadership team to ensure priorities of are appropriately aligned
- Acts as ‘voice of pay and benefits’ with regard to specific talent efforts in partnership with the Talent Management team, and is responsible to pull together pay & benefits wide perspective and plan
- Lead, influence, support, and facilitate organizational change and communication
- Leads the quarterly planning and prioritization forum across all HR CoE partners and is responsible for the pay and benefit specific view of work in flight/timing/intersection points
- Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience.
- 8-10 years HR or project management office experience
- Ability to think globally across all HQ, Stores and GSCL locations
- Ability to navigate through complex problems, analyze processes, synthesize data and results and drive toward solutions
- Ability to take risks, challenge the status quo and work under ambiguous circumstances to achieve results
- Ability to build a strong network within Target and leverage resources and relationships to get things done
- Ability working through ambiguity with resiliency to build clarity
- Ability to execute & deliver results
- Operational focus
- Strong communication & proven facilitation skills
- HRBP generalist background preferred or relevant experience working in the HRBP ecosystem
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture