Print Systems Manager, Target Printing ServicesApply Now Location: 8400 89th Ave N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445-1872; job id: R0000276148
job family: Printing Services
schedule: Full time
Print Systems Manager, Target Printing Services
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
A role at Target Printing Services means that you’ll be part of a team that leads Targets communication strategy and brings holistic promotional and value stories to life for Target Guests. The team has a broad range of responsibilities including planning, prepress, design, print production, finishing, bindery, fulfillment and distribution. Target Printing Services is responsible for print projects in support of many internal partners including Stores Experience Marketing, In-Store Promotional Signing, Print Promotions Marketing, Financial Retail Services, Store Operations and Talent Acquisition.
As the Print Systems Manager at Target Printing Services, you will play a critical role in bringing Target’s print work to life, supporting the software system that supports end to end functionality of our business including; planning, estimating, production, fulfillment, and shipping. The Print Systems Manager will serve as the main point of contact with deep expertise in this software and its capabilities. You will work closely with internal teams to maintain software functionality, find user efficiencies in day to day work within existing capabilities, troubleshoot user facing obstacles, and identify potential opportunities to expand software capabilities to fit future needs.
From a maintenance standpoint, you are responsible for ensuring our software version stays up to date with the latest version, planning and communicating to the end to end user team when upgrades will take place, ensuring we remain 100% operational at all times with minimal disruption. The Print Systems Manager will also be responsible for performing the following on-going maintenance tasks within the software;
- Ensure timely updates of applications are completed
- Act as the administrator for all EPS software solutions
- Ensure timely updates of applications are completed
- Manage Production, Customer, Supplier, Inventory, and Employee tables within software and/or other EPS software
- Adding/Removing cost centers
- Adding/Removing users
- Setting up/adjusting standards
- Create Crystal Reports as needed
- Train new and tenured team members in on the basic user functionality
- Assign and manage remote desktops
The Print Systems Manager is responsible for implementing additional capabilities or programs to existing software, Monarch, taking key partners that include the 3rd party software vendor and internal users from all areas of the business; planning/estimating, scheduling, print production, shipping and fulfillment.
- Act as implementation manager for any new software solutions
- Main point of contact for the new system
- Own and communicate end to end implementation plan; timelines, trainings, go-live dates ensuring that we remain 100% operational at all times
- 4 year bachelors level degree
- 6+ years of software management experience
- 6+ years of print industry experience
- Monarch software user experience preferred
- Experience training others, setting
- Strong organization and planning skills
- A proven trach record for strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Detail and deadline oriented
- A master collaborator who is able to inspire trust and confidence with a wide range of partners
- Ability to work with people at all levels
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
already started an application?log in to continue
still have some questions?check out the careers FAQ
curious about our benefits?explore how we care
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture