Senior Engineer - Cyber Fraud and AbuseApply Now Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445; job id: R0000298164
job family: Product Engineering
schedule: Full time
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.
JOIN TARGET CYBERSECURITY AS A SENIOR ENGINEER - CYBER FRAUD AND ABUSE
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As a Senior Engineer, you serve as a specialist in the engineering team that supports the product. You help develop and gain insight in the application architecture. You can distill an abstract architecture into concrete design and influence the implementation. You show expertise in applying the appropriate software engineering patterns to build robust and scalable systems. You are an expert in programming and apply your skills in developing the product. You have the skills to design and implement the architecture on your own, but choose to influence your fellow engineers by proposing software designs, providing feedback on software designs and/or implementation. You show good problem solving skills and can help the team in triaging operational issues. You leverage your expertise in eliminating repeat occurrences.
As part of the Fraud & Abuse Team, you serve as an application and data engineering specialist supporting the critical needs for fraud investigations. In this security focused role, you will enable and support key Fraud & Abuse capabilities by onboarding, maintaining, and optimizing applications and APIs used in the prevention and detection of fraudulent, malicious, and abusive activities on Target.com. You will also take part in integrating data from multiple sources and investigating emerging tools/technologies in the data and security/fraud space. Collaborate and utilize your problem-solving skills in an agile environment as as part of a team of skilled engineers and analysts to address complex or difficult problems, while getting hands-on experience with cutting edge technologies. Don’t know much about security or fraud? That’s okay: just show us you’re interested, motivated, and want to learn. Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Core responsibilities in this role:
- Work as a member of a product team to iterate on back-end systems and data that improve the experience of Target’s Guests and impact the bottom line of Target.com
- Contribute to our collection of focused microservices through code contributions, design, and architecture
- Continuously work to improve through pair programming, pull request reviews, and taking full advantage of learning opportunities
- Implement pragmatic design to enhance our resilient, highly scalable systems
- Engage in continuous improvement projects within the team and mentor other engineers
- Write well-crafted, well-tested code to ensure your work is accurate and maintainable
- Provide technical expertise to your and other teams
- Strong desire to learn and grow your technical abilities, including in areas on this list
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies through self-directed education and formal training
- Creates and supports an inclusive, collaborative team culture
- Working knowledge of software architecture, design, and development
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the impact of their own work on users
- Writes and organizes code using multiple computer languages and frameworks
- Influences and applies data standards, policies, and procedures
- Delivers high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure work
- Resolves routine and non-routine technical issues with minimal assistance and works to avoid non-routine issues from becoming routine issues
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant work experience
- 4+ years of software development and/or Data Engineering experience
- REST based API Development experience (Springboot, Kotlin)
- Core programming skills in languages like Java, Python or C++
- CI/CD toolchain knowledge using Git, Drone, Jenkins
- DevOps tools, processes, and culture
- HBase, Postgres, Teradata, Cassandra, SQL Server, and Oracle
- Hadoop ecosystem: Hive, Pig, Spark, etc.
- Front End UI development
- Data integration using API, streaming technologies (Kafka), ETL and other data Integration patterns
- GraphQL and RESTful web services
- Test-driven development
This position will operate as a Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member’s core role will need to be performedboth onsite at the Target HQ MN location the role is assigned to and virtually, depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. Click here if you are curious to learn more about Minnesota.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture